1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Advice about What to Do with Domain

Discussion in 'General Business' started by DeniG, Jun 29, 2010.

I really need some advice. I bought the domain freebipolardating.com last week, after doing some research and discovering that there were no free dating sites for bipolar singles. What I had in mind was to find a hosted, step by step dating site, (I am no good at web design, FTP, all that jazz) to incorporate into the domain. However, what I learned after the fact is that the available sites like that are simply mainstream dating and an affiliate site, so I can't create a site just for bipolar singles.

I created a blog at freebipolardating.blogspot.com and been heavily marketing both for the last week. Yesterday, when I realized my dilemma, I forwarded the domain to the blog until I can figure out my next step. I created a social site at Wackwall, free in beta, thinking I might go that route yesterday, but then realized there is not support and lots of problems, adsense won't work as promised.

What should I do with this domain? Should I sell it?

I downloaded Os Date but I am afraid I won't be able to understand how to make the site work if I get hosting and try that route. I don't know if I have the time either, to learn and maintain such a big project.

I am pretty much out of ideas and need your input.

Thanks in advance. :cool:

Denise

DeniG, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  2. dropagear

dropagear Peon

Best Answers:
    You might be able to just sell the domain but I would probably prefer the route of setting up the site & getting it up & running. Once it has got members and is generating money, either through adsense, member subscription fees (or both) then sell it. You can then sell the domain name along with the actual business.

You said that you'v been heavily marketing the site, which hopefully means that you know what your doing with marketing and are able to send traffic the the site.

Use something like a free script from boonex.com, set up the site, send traffic to it, build it up & then sell once its up & running...or keep it!

Hope this helps

Dav

dropagear, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  3. edpatton

edpatton Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Domain flipping is very profitable if done properly.

edpatton, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  4. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    You should try to manipulate those other popular media sites like facebook and twitter to increase more traffic. Domain flipping is also a good idea.

Justin_Dupre, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  5. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Avoid using free script as it contain my bug.

Instead go for well know script such as phpfox.

mentos, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  6. DeniG

DeniG Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the input. I am considering the suggestion to use boonex.com, but I am also interested in how to flip the domain and do it "properly" Can you direct me to information that will help me understand this process?

DeniG, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  7. dropagear

dropagear Peon

Best Answers:
    "So what is Domain Flipping? Domain Flipping is the process of purchasing a domain, putting a website on the domain name, and then building-up the monthly traffic coming to the site."

Once you've got a website set up get traffic coming to your site (markerting & SEO), build up the number of users on your dating site & once you've got a community established on it sell it.

If you google 'Domain flipping' you should be able some useful info on what it is.

dropagear, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  8. scotman

scotman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea sounds like your stuck in a dilemma. Which I don't think domain flipping is your answer. It would me the same thing as building the website from scratch but in the end you would sell it. You could either auction it at Seod.com and pay for featured listing to help it sell faster or you just list it and hope someone has the same idea and buys it up.

But if your interested in learning how to build a website Wordpress is the best and easiest way to build a website. Let me know if you plan to go this route I can help you set it up via a guide I have been planning to write up.

scotman, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  9. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    why can't you just use a standard 'dating' script, but make it clear its for bipolar singles?

contentboss, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  10. Rahskull

Rahskull Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you do choose to flip it to get your money back for it then you should try making a video for it and you are more likely to get more views and even more money for it. Plus you can give buyers your idea more clearly or even additional ideas, making it more valuable.

Rahskull, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  11. DeniG

DeniG Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the help, guys. I am keeping it for now and creating advice for bipolar people on how to be upfront on dating sites, articles about being bipolar, medical stuff, research, etc, and will be just adding a link to my affiliate dating site, adsense and other affiliate programs and see how it goes.

DeniG, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  12. haveseo

haveseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Install and test it on your local server to learn how to work with it. Also look for guide for this script and learn its working.

haveseo, Jul 2, 2010 IP