1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need advice for a new website

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by C2S, Aug 15, 2014.

Dear members,

Watch out, long post!

I normally create very basic websites in wordpress (PHP/CSS/HTML and just a bit of js).
    Lately, someone has asked me to design a site with specific functionalities.
    Since I have not much experience in this type of work, I wanted to get advice from some professionals.

They need a website, where users (store managers) can upload pictures of shoplifters with details and all, so the other users (shop managers)
    are aware of possible shoplifters.
    I was wondering whether wordpress is suitable for a project like this. Perhaps you know a better CMS or script...

The idea is that when users visit the site, they have to login.
    then they'll see a page with 'visualized posts' or images (that are linked) to a post that contains more information.
    There should also be a news feed.

That's all the info I have.

4 things:
    1. Security -> Is the normal Wordpress login platform good enough for a site like this, I dont see why not, if not is implementing a 2nd code (by text or other way) a good idea or still not enough.
    2. Posts most deprecate -> I'm not sure about this, but can I create categories (1 month / 6 months / 1 year) and change the code in a way that posts who have 1 month as category, get deleted after one month ? Or do you have an easier solution?
    3. Users must be able to fill in a form and send it to the police, do I need extra security measures for this form except recaptcha. (the client wants SSL).
    4. Responsiveness is important.

In conclusion:
    • Do you guys think Wordpress is suitable , if not what kind of CMS do you suggest for this.
    • Do you have improvements for this project ?

C2S, Aug 15, 2014 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'd look into the O2 project that wordpress are building. Sounds perfect for this.

sarahk, Aug 15, 2014 IP
  3. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd use 4images and make it restricted to members only. You can create categories, such as "California - Los Angeles" and so on. Users can upload images, add descriptions and comments and the admin can control pretty much every aspect of the CMS.

Jameyson MacDonald, Aug 15, 2014 IP
  4. C2S

C2S Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you have a link? I checked google but coulnd't find anything useful...

C2S, Aug 15, 2014 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    sarahk, Aug 15, 2014 IP