1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Advice on an online Business Idea

Discussion in 'General Business' started by digia, Dec 11, 2012.

Hello!

Hope everybody's fine and doing great. I own some premium natural digital voices[various languages] and was wondering if it would be good to start a business with them. I own them from a previous company[as a co-founder] that used it in training materials and interactive guides. Those voices are in multiple languages and from companies "NeoSpeech, AT&T, Acapela.."
    They are mostly used for Text to Speech[TTS] but there are many applications such as:

-Convert any text from any source[ebooks,web pages, docs..etc] to audio to be listened anywhere while multi tasking.
    -Voice mail messages
    -For Interactive Voice Menus or Interactive voice response (IVR)
    -In product demos
    -In training and elearning materials
    -In applications [iphone4 Siri]
    -In videos and games [such as "Red Planet" and "MGS Peace Walker" etc]
    -In Teaching pronunciation of various languages
    -For people with low vision, or reading disabilities
    -For Proofreading

I came to this idea after observing sites like:
    http://text-to-speech.imtranslator-net/
    http://www.spokentext-net/
    ondemand.neospeech-com/
    https://acapela-box-com/
    http://www.readthewords-com/

My concerns are how much successful are they? Is it feasable for me to provide this service from a website or freelance it[better option? or both]. Since Iam completely new to online business, what pitfalls there might be? Also since I will be doing this solo now, what are some of the best ways and sources to get clients for this. Your advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you for your time.

digia, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  2. gregortarquin

gregortarquin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Business is one of the most popular term in which many people are interested and also there are many businesses that can be easily done in the market.Doing a business at online is becomes a latest trend of market and also there are many competitions that we can see in the market.

gregortarquin, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  3. digia

digia Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your advice robin, I will research more on the business model just like you suggested.
    BTW your blog is great. Any more suggestions will be highly appreciated.

digia, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  4. violaman81

violaman81 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I would first think about who your target audience is.

Where do they hang out? Where can you get their attention? Having a product is great, but think who would want to buy what you have. It's much easier to start from an audience that you know that wants something, then give it to them - as opposed to having a product and convincing someone to buy it.

Which one seems a bit easier?

Best of Luck!

violaman81, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  5. aveshtyagi

aveshtyagi Peon

Best Answers:
    I think, Internet Marketing(SEo) is the best online business.

aveshtyagi, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  6. digia

digia Peon

Best Answers:
    @violaman your advice is good but how do i find out wher they hang out? how to research about my potential/target clients online?
    @aveshtyagi,Yes that might be true but I do not know about seo, I want advice on digital voices business please.

digia, Dec 13, 2012 IP
  7. marieballu

marieballu Peon

Best Answers:
    All businesses must meet a customer's need or provide a solution to a customer's problem. With this in mind, the following 5 tips will help inspire you to think practically about the products or services you could offer, and the business opportunities that may be open to you.

1. Use your existing skills
    2. Turn your hobby into a money maker
    3. Buy an existing business
    4. Buy a franchise
    5. Build on your personality

marieballu, Dec 14, 2012 IP
  8. digia

digia Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not have that much of a budget, that is why i wanted to start this as a side gig. But iam stuck at how to find and research about my potential/target clients online?

digia, Dec 15, 2012 IP
  9. iandille101

iandille101 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Develop an idea that will be effective and beneficial for your online business. Try to consider skills, specialties and interests in your posts. Research for the latest social trends in your area, throughout the nation and globally.

iandille101, Dec 23, 2012 IP
  10. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Look at whats practical in your area of expertise, unless your willing to learn. It doesnt really matter on what someone suggests on digital point, but can you execute the idea. If not, you better have a way to pay for it, and make it strategically to work at it.

James Byun, Dec 23, 2012 IP
  11. satyamuber

satyamuber Peon

Best Answers:
    I often agree by online selling and to get that perfect potion, there will be need all sorts of ingredients, mixed together in exact amounts. It can be a tricky, exhausting business to try and try to get that formula right, yet it is designed to help you to break down your business processes, and identify areas where you need to improve, then look for new ways to increase your sales, for example marketing, expanding, and developing customer loyalty.

satyamuber, Dec 24, 2012 IP