1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[NEED ADVICE]Opening a Laptop & LCD TV Shop (Selling online too)!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by SocialSignals, Sep 28, 2010.

I didn't really know where to post this thread, I was thinking of posting it in the general Discusions but people there are probably too busy talking about the most beautifl chicken of 2010. Never the less this is the business section and I need some advice.

I'm from Albania and I have a store here selling Desktop PC, Monitors and other computer parts (mouses, keyboards, usb, UPS etc. etc.). What I dont have is LAPTOPS! I really need to furnish my shop with those but I have not been alble to find a good and reliable merchant.

Being 'Albania' people here look for something good and afordable, not many people can buy $700 laptops so what I'm looking for a company which ca deliver me good laptops (not GREAT) ant good prices.

I have contacted: DELL, IBM, HP/COMPAQ, SONY etc and they all offer partnership programs but what I want is a 'all-in-one'. Also I'm not thinking of investing over $15,000 at first, but that will after the first order.

Can anyone recomend me? I would deeply apreciate it and why not say thanks with a little financial pressent if you really help :)
    ______
    Thats PART 1. I am also looking into wide-screen LCD/Plasma TV (those too need to be cheap). Where do I get em?

______
    Thirdly, I also wondering how much would you save (in $) if you buy a Desktop/Laptop with LINUX OS insted of WIDOWS? Many people are using LINUX now and I have always wondered this.

I really hope someone can give me some advice :)

Regards
    Ardit

SocialSignals, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  2. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You currently buying everything else right of the manufactures or wholesalers?

Seqqa, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  3. SocialSignals

SocialSignals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm buying desktops from China with a partner of mine. We buy them in parts (rams, hard disk, graphic card, motherboard etc.) and we assemble the computer in Albania where we install Windows (genuine) and other software.

In this way we really cut down the cost. You can easily get a nice computer with: 22' Monitor, 4GB Ram, 512 Dedicated ATI Radeon Graphic Card, 1TB Hard Disk, Inter Quad-Core processor (3 year Warranty). Fore less than $700

Buying this same computer as a brand name computer (hp, dell, IBM etc) would go way over $1000!

So this is the reason I cannot furnish myself with Laptops (It doesn't even hit my mind to buy Chinese laptops :p )

So any advice?

SocialSignals, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  4. SocialSignals

Best Answers:
    I don't mean to bump, but come on seriously? No one can give me any advice?

It's pretty important :S

SocialSignals, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  5. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think your best bet will be signing up with esources.com and really just hitting up the phone and speaking with suppliers of that type of thing.

Seqqa, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  6. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Try contacting Lenovo . Their laptops are cheaper then toilet paper . Their not brand name but they're good products . I've never had anyone bring me one for hardware repairs .

Also if you can strike a deal whit a mobile operator Orange / O2 /Cosmote & Vodaphone can facilitate laptop imports . They might even offer you a discount if you know how to negotiate .

ApocalypseXL, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  7. SocialSignals

Best Answers:
    Dude, I went to the website you mentioned but it was just some godaddy ads (parked) have you given me the right url?

SocialSignals, Sep 30, 2010 IP
  8. EileenService

EileenService Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe he was referring to esources.co.uk . I have a friend who found some good suppliers from there. But he isn't in your line of work.
    If you say that people won't pay 700$ for a laptop, why don't you try selling some refurbished laptops, to see who is the market responding to them?

EileenService, Sep 30, 2010 IP
  9. pass1meister

pass1meister Peon

Best Answers:
    Just asking, aren't in Albania already a lot of websites selling laptops? Buying from China is not an option for sure. You should contact wholesalers from Ebay.

pass1meister, Sep 30, 2010 IP
  10. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seqqa, Sep 30, 2010 IP
  11. DidierE

DidierE Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DidierE, Sep 30, 2010 IP