1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Advice Selling Network of Sites

Discussion in 'General Business' started by aspiration42, Aug 30, 2010.

Hello, I have a network of sites that I want to sell which have earned me a little over 100k last year and currently have made an average of 8k/month this year. I am selling the sites because they are of black hat nature, and while definately not illegal or short termed, I want a completely clean slate from now on.

The problem is, while they all rank #1 for their keyword, the niche is relatively non-competitive. I have had one competitor who copied one of my sites almost exactly, but apparently he gave up on his PPC campaign.

So the main problem is that the network of sites can be replicated due to the low competition, which is why I cannot simply sell it on a forum, as it seems simply too risky to spread the business concept around, with no guarantee of selling it. Furthermore, it could add competition for the future buyer. I definitely wouldn't say easily replicated, but with hard work it could be done.

The only "safe" way I can see of selling the sites would be to selling it based on proof of earnings alone without revealing the domains, or find someone who I have 100% trust in.

I have all the visitor and earning statistics to prove that the sites are still profitable, since its not like the sites collapsed or had a huge dip in traffic. It's more of a personal morality issue for selling the sites, which I know that most marketers don't care about at all.

Does anyone have any advice on how to sell in this tricky situation?

Also, does anyone have a good estimate how much to sell for? Due to the situation, I am thinking of selling for 50k just to make a quick and easy transaction, even though the sites generate that much in 6-7 months atm.

aspiration42, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  2. UnBooked

UnBooked Peon

Best Answers:
    Generally, people stick to a 11-12 month income sale price. Which already places your site with a decent sale price. If your niche has low competition then the rankings you have achieved might not help your sale price much. Buyer would consider the amount of links that have been created, rather than judging by the rank. It would be hard to sell without disclosing any information.

May I ask why you're selling? I might be interest, would you mind PMing me?

UnBooked, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  3. aspiration42

aspiration42 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for understanding the situation Swiftly. I would love to sell for the usually site flipping rates, which I understand is around 10x like you said, however, due to the secrecy and black hat nature I feel that I cannot ask for the full rate.

I can PM you why I'm selling, but it's pretty much the same reason as before, which is that it is a moral issue now. I originally created the sites 2-3 years ago when I needed money very badly, and was willing to do anything. Now that money isn't so much of an issue, I want to stick to 100% white hat sites.

aspiration42, Aug 30, 2010 IP