1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Advice - Simplifying Joomla Site

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by daryllau, Oct 21, 2010.

Dear DP Forumers,

Currently we have a joomla powered community site linked to our oscommerce webstore which is popular mainly for the content and forum.

We are considering simplifying the site to focus on only the content (blog, news, guides) and forum. Thus removing all the bells and whistles of community features such as Poll, Videos & Image sharing, activity stream and etc.

So we are wondering if we should just remain using Joomla or is there a better platform out there that can manage both content, forum and able to share login with oscommerce?

I was looking at VBulletin + Wordpress but the issue is the shared login with our oscommerce webstore.

You kind guidance and advise is much appreciated!

daryllau, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  2. scriptinstaller

scriptinstaller Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally can't stand the new Vbulletin 4. All across the board, from price, to functionality, to design looks, to usage.. It stinks.. I have not used the social aspects, I only own the forum software myself, but I have used the social aspects where other commercial places I frequent have it.. and it kinda fails to give that social aspect thats worth another dime.. I sincerely say pass on this new vBulletin. The old vBulletin coders are gone after having some falling out or something.. I found this out after I bought it.. And it seems they really are sticking it to their customers lately, with crazy charges and forcing people to fork out more cash and stuff. Just feeding ya the drama.. Also I have looked thru the code and its pretty sloppy, no, its hella sloppy, really poor development inside.. cant believe what a mess the code base is.. Also has 500 bugs fixed weekly since its release and i'm not really inflating that number.. endless bugs.. The style system is crazy, which is why you see no templates for vb4 if you search, every site looks the same with a simple header change and color change.. lol its really bad... trying to save you some money here :D

scriptinstaller, Oct 24, 2010 IP
  3. daryllau

daryllau Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much mate... will take note of that when considering. Currently it seems we might have to stick with Joomla except removing those unwanted features :(

daryllau, Oct 24, 2010 IP