1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Advice

Discussion in 'General Business' started by huntz, Feb 28, 2015.

Hey DP Bros,

I need some honest advice please, I have two domain names, moneycompetitions.com and moneycompetitions.co.uk. My idea for them both are money competitions websites, and all the rest of the prizes, the .com for the usa and the .co.uk for the obvious. Im thinking about putting some serious effort into developing these bad boys but I've done the same with many websites and never found success. What I would like to know before I do the same again is do you see this as a possible success?

Cheers

huntz, Feb 28, 2015 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    When I see a domain name that has "money" in it I pretty much ignore it because the assumption is "it's probably another empty promise or worse - scam". My honest opinion would be this. Sell those domains and start a new one that may gain a better reputation over time.

qwikad.com, Mar 1, 2015 IP
    jrbiz and cronik like this.
  3. fionix

fionix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's a toff niche you want to enter. I would do some keyword research on it before spending time and money!

fionix, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The real problem with your potential business model, in my opinion, is that the people who would be most interested in such competitions are likely to have no money. These folks, if you acquire them, are not likely to be good prospects for you or your potential advertisers to sell anything to. So, working and spending to acquire this traffic will likely become a big waste of time and money.

Many years ago, I got involved with a software company trying to sell a great solution to the unemployed. It was the same thing: all agreed that it was a great solution, but few had money to pay for it. :(

jrbiz, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  5. iNET SEO

iNET SEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are so many of these kinds of sites that the market is somewhat saturated. The other thing you will be facing, is that the phrase "Competitions for Money" only has a low search volume and a lot of results - you could end up chasing your tail here, and see nothing at the end.

Sorry, I can't see that you are on to a winner here.

Andy

iNET SEO, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  6. Curtis Dawson

Curtis Dawson Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I saw the website "moneycompetitions.com", I would probably pass it up because it makes me think them I'm going to have to spend money for something. It also sounds kinda like a scam site. If you want my advice, I would sell the domains and find a niche to get into and start a blog about the niche. Most people get into a niche they don't care for and lose interest quickly but if you find a subject that you would be interested in or something you want to learn more about you could do some keyword research on that subject and find a good keyword to use as the domain name and then start a blog with it.

Curtis Dawson, Mar 2, 2015 IP