1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need CMS Advice

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by sayyes, Mar 23, 2006.

I'm thinking of starting a large (hopefully) community site.

I want people to be able to create an account, login, view the data available, and post on the forums.

I'm going to have to expand the database significantly to incorporate the data that I want to create, and I'm going to have to add several different "layers" of the site so people can dig down into the data that is of interest.

Anyway, I don't have alot of experience with CMSes, so I'd like to know what people would recommend. If there was one that was php based, had a good user management system (logins, profiles, etc.) and could be integrated with vbulletin/phpbb I would be sold!

TIA!

sayyes, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  2. SpringCypress

SpringCypress Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you were more familiar with cmses i would suggest geeklog as it does everything you're wanting, but the initial learning curve is fairly steep (tapers off after fairlly quickly... that's one of GL's biggest problems, out of the box it has the possibilities of doing anything but getting it to do what you want initally is tricky)

SpringCypress, Mar 24, 2006 IP
  3. sayyes

sayyes Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I will look into that. I was also thinking of playing around with Joomla this weekend...

sayyes, Mar 24, 2006 IP