1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need CMS for content submitted by anonymous users

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by santoshgs, Mar 20, 2008.

Basically, I need a CMS that does not require content submitters to be registered or logged in.

It should allow some random person who visits the site, to be able to post content relevant to the site. I should then be able to sort through the contents submitted and moderate/accept what I like.

And yes, it SHOULD have a spam protection system in place, or have provisions for adding CAPTCHA or Math Protection.

Will appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

santoshgs, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  2. santoshgs

santoshgs Banned

Best Answers:
    Isn't there ANY such CMS?

santoshgs, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  3. fabriciogr

fabriciogr Active Member

Best Answers:
    yup.. majority of CMS systems allow this.

such as joomla, mambo, drupal and ezPublish.. these I mention cause I personally have worked with them but I'm sure their are hundreds more..

examples - direct links to where users (non logged in) submit content:

http://www.solobromasychistes.com/index.php?option=com_content&Itemid=0&sectionid=1&task=new

http://www.recipesforhealthyfood.com/node/add/recipe

(warning: adult content)
    http://www.sexycharlas.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=new&sectionid=1&Itemid=0

I'm not sure if you can do something like this with WP.. I'm currently looking into it as I love WP cause of it's simplicity

fabriciogr, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  4. santoshgs

santoshgs Banned

Best Answers:
    :confused: Didn't know Joomla and Drupal allow this! WP sure doesn't, but yes, as you said it is really simple and lovely code.

5. santoshgs

santoshgs Banned

Best Answers:
    fabriciogr: Which module (if any) have you used to achieve that on your Drupal website? Also, don't you receive spam? Cause there's no CAPTCHA or Math Protection.

6. fabriciogr

fabriciogr Active Member

Best Answers:
    the site is using the recipe module but what that does is add all those extrafields that relate to recipes such as quantity, ingredients, directions and so on.

all drupal systems allow users to add content it's a matter of allowing it in the menu area. in your drupal admin > menu area add the basic drupal url to add content which is:

yoursite.com/node/add/ < nice url's

or

yoursite.com?q=node/add < not nice url

and no spam as of yet.. though not much traffic neither.. but as you mentioned once that starts i'll activate the math protection feature back on

fabriciogr, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  7. santoshgs

santoshgs Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks! I would've replied sooner, but I never got the email notification of your reply even though I had a subscription for it.

santoshgs, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  8. CssWebsite

CssWebsite Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

here comes a short step by step guide how to set up those permissions in the Drupal 6 backend. Let's assume that site visitors should be allowed to post content of the "Story" type:

1) In the backend go to admin/content/types and click "Story". In the "Workflow settings" tab uncheck the "Published" option and save.
    This way the content that has been submitted by anonymous visitors will be stored in the database immediately but it is not visible on the frontend until you publish it as administrator manually.

2) Point to admin/user/permissions and check "create story content" and optionally "delete own story content" and "edit own story content" for the anonymous users.
    The according menu item to create content will become visible automatically when you are not logged in. You can of course rename or reorder it to any other menu.

There's an addon captcha module available at drupal.org/project/captcha.

CssWebsite, Mar 28, 2008 IP
  9. santoshgs

santoshgs Banned

Best Answers:
    CssWebsite: Thanks a lot for elaborating the entire procedure. Appreciate it. :)

Guess it's settled then. I'm going to install Drupal as the CMS for this website. Thanks to all who replied.

santoshgs, Mar 28, 2008 IP
  10. CssWebsite

CssWebsite Active Member

Best Answers:
    You're welcome :)

CssWebsite, Mar 28, 2008 IP