1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need content management suggestions! (and maybe a programmer too)

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Angeleyes, Sep 13, 2010.

My current website uses Article Live (now Website Publisher) by Interspire and VBulletin. I have just entered a business venture with a few friends. Due to the fact that I have some website building experience this of course was the task given to me.

Basically I need CMS that will allow me to post articles, etc. However I also need to figure out how to pull data from financial websites and calculate it into averages, etc and maybe even graphs.

Do you know of a CMS that would make this as easy as possible? Some other minor things like shopping cart/membership that will limit what pages people can see depending on their membership class. I would like to have a chatbox where members can write to each other on the side panel.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what would be best for me?

Additionally, does anyone know anything about pulling data from other websites? Do I need to inform the website and possibly purchase this data from them? I have absolutely NO experience with that part and really could use some guidance there. I am willing to spend some money on coding if that is required, but would like to find a CMS that is user-friendly enough for me to manage.

Thanks for your help!!! :)

Angeleyes, Sep 13, 2010 IP
  2. cerno

cerno Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Drupal can provide all the website functionality you are looking for, though for the actual financial charts you are probably going to want a data feed and charting application to create nice financial charts. There are ways to pull or scrape very basic charts for free but they aren't going to be the type of content that people will pay to see.

Drupal has great access control so you can have different levels of access for free visitors and multiple subscription plans. I have created a couple of such websites for expensive analysis websites, including a built in affiliate tracking system to enable tracking and payment of marketers referring subscribers to the website.

Send me a PM if you would like to discuss your project.

cerno, Sep 13, 2010 IP
    Angeleyes likes this.