1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Google Search for wordpress! Please help!

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by sam_pras, Dec 15, 2012.

Hello, i have been trying to install google custom search in my site, but i dont know where to paste its code. I tried many plugins, but with most of them, i cant get to display the search results page.
    I tried many online tutorials also, but they having given steps for the old google search code, and not for the latest one.

Can anyone please help me with this. Even if i have to replace the normal search box with google search, its ok for me. I need it somehow.

THanks

sam_pras, Dec 15, 2012 IP
  2. zimzalabim

zimzalabim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure if this is the answer or not though might be worth a try......Put a text widget in to your sidebar where you want the search box to appear. Copy and paste the Google search code in to that text widget, save and close. I use that approach for straightforward Adsense blocks rather than a plug-in and it works fine.

zimzalabim, Dec 15, 2012 IP
  3. tushonline

tushonline Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you will need to use text widget.
    However.. setting up custom search is now little tricky.

1] You have to make sure the domain name is listed Specify a list of websites to search...
    2] In custom form code - change line form action to h**p://YOURDOMAIN/search
    3] Create a page "Search" & place code t display results that starts with: <div id="cse-search-results"></div>

Hope this helps.

tushonline, Dec 16, 2012 IP
  4. sam_pras

sam_pras Member

Best Answers:
    i have put the code in text box, but the search result appears in another page now in the domain google.com/cse/some-lengthy-url

@tushonline : i have tried your way but its not working. Any thoughts? Your help is appreciated.

sam_pras, Dec 16, 2012 IP
  5. ankur.mhatre

ankur.mhatre Active Member

Best Answers:
    Go to google webmaster. Sign up if your are not using it. Then use custom search. That's all.

ankur.mhatre, Dec 16, 2012 IP