1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help about wordpress CMS

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by MichaelFramer, Jan 21, 2012.

I have heard wordpress integration but it is always about integrating the wordpress blog into an existing website.
    But what i am looking for is integrating my complete website on wordpress. One of my website is live and with 2 PR but its static. What i want is to convert that complete website into wordpress so that i can dynamically upload the pages and other things. Is it possible?

Can i integrate my existing website into wordpress?

MichaelFramer, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You won't be "integrating" because your old site won't exist anymore. You are "converting" and with WordPress it is very easy. The key is in having a theme that matches or enhances your existing design - or starting over with a new one. You can have a static "page" as the home page so that your site doesn't look like a blog.

sarahk, Jan 22, 2012 IP
  3. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've actually done this before, so let me tell you, it's a pain!

Step one will be to get the URL's of every single page on your current static site.

If you're getting traffic from Google, you want to either retain that URL, or change it to something more SEO friendly, but set up 301 redirects.

Then it's just a matter of 'copy & paste'.

It's tedious work - I did it on a site that only had about 150 pages, and hated every minute!!

It's worth it in the end though... maintaining a Wordpress site is far easier than maintaining a static HTML site.

Khadaji, Jan 22, 2012 IP
  4. nicelife

nicelife Member

Best Answers:
    Hi MichaelFramer,

Yes, integration is possible, but integration means that you can work with two different CMS or applications, such as working with Wordpress and a Forum system at the same time, and make them share DB's or just that they look identical in the front-end design.

What do you want to do is to convert your HTML website in a Wordpress site, using it as a CMS (You know, It was intended just for blogging, but it's very powerful).
    I'm agree with Khadaji, its good to use the old URLs so you can keep the traffic.

Hope that helps :)
    Have a nice day.

nicelife, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  5. wpfix

wpfix Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes

Yo can completely integrate in into wordpress with a 301 redirect.

wpfix, Jan 29, 2012 IP