1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help creating a Content Aggregator website!

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by entrecast, Apr 15, 2009.

Can anyone point me in the right direction about "Content Aggregator", I am looking to create a "Content Aggregator Website" which will pull content from other CMS sites and display it onto my website. I know the websites I'll be pulling from and type of content I want to display, but where do I begin :confused: Is it possible to pull content from all type of site regardless ofCMS?

Can I used a CMS like (Drupal) to built this "Content Aggregator website" ?

Will I need to have Admin access to those site to pull data from them? (***NOTE: the content I am after is public view and it's not only viewed on the admin site)

entrecast, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  2. entrecast

entrecast Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, here's a break down of what I am looking for!!

The content I am after is all public. Lets use my website as an example:

Basically I want a Content Aggregator website that does this!

using Google search engine I enter "site:virtualpedigrees.com" Google crawl my website and produces this list below.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site:virtualpedigrees.com+&btnG=Search

Not I want to narrow the search down so I type "site:virtualpedigrees.com Jeep" Google crawl my website again and produce this result base on the new word "Jeep"

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site:virtualpedigrees.com+Jeep&btnG=Search

In conclusion, I want to create a website (Content Aggregator/Crawler) with a search field that will crawl the specified website I selected and search those site and turn the result back to my page. Simlar to how Google does it, but I am not crawling the "World Wide Web" only 5-6 website.

Where would I start and is crawling websites hard?

entrecast, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  3. staffsergeantpeterson

staffsergeantpeterson Member

Best Answers:
    You want to scrape google for your niche? and then publish it to your blog? Is it wordpress? If so I can help

staffsergeantpeterson, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  4. entrecast

entrecast Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes you got it @staffsergeantpeterson, My website will replace Google for this content. I haven't even gotten started as yet. Can you help?

entrecast, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  5. figgity

figgity Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are using wordpress, buy Caffienated Content OR use the RSS feeds of sites that offer full content.

figgity, Jun 11, 2009 IP
  6. hamonpari

hamonpari Peon

Best Answers:
    having a Aggregator website is legal ?

hamonpari, Sep 24, 2009 IP