1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Help Deciding Between Software

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Jye, Sep 30, 2007.

Hi Everyone,

I am starting a new web site, and need some suggestions on what combination of software to use for it. The web site will feature video game artwork. It will primarily be an image gallery, and therefore I had narrowed the choices down to Coppermine Gallery and Gallery2. I was thinking ahead, and then realised I will probably need more than just a gallery. Each game would have its own album of course, but I would like to have an information or detail page about the game too, which would include text, links, possibly embedded video, and the ability to take javascript. So a database of games you can browse search etc, see some info on them, View their individual art gallery, comment & rate each image.

Therefore I was thinking of using Joomla! or Wordpress for that functionality, and then embedding or bridging the gallery to it. I have used Coppermine Gallery, Joomla!, and Wordpress before, but not Gallery2. I would really appreciate any suggestions on which combination would work best, and if there are better alternatives I have not mentioned.
    Thank you for your time!

Jye, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  2. olti

olti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use both CPG and G2. CPG is good for an images gallery and G2 is good for a Photo Album. CPG lacks in some aspects but G2 too. Each one of this script has some features that the other don't have. But as I said CPG is much better if you want a complete Gallery. You can bridge CPG with Joomla and make some of the things that you need. But to be honest none of this scripts will give you all the thing that you need. This: http://www.galeriashqiptare.net/ is my combination of Joomla and CPG.

olti, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  3. Jye

Jye Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply olti. I have chosen to use Coppermine and Joomla! I am still open to suggestions though thanks!

Jye, Oct 5, 2007 IP