1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Help Formulating a Compensation Plan for my Sales / Marketing Consultant

Discussion in 'General Business' started by LindseyInteractive, Dec 13, 2012.

Okay, without boring you guys to much, I am looking to get some help in coming up with my compensation plan as far as for my sales and marketing consultant, I am putting together our business plan and need to figure out the best approach to this.

I am wanting to put together a good plan that is going to encourage growth for the company and motivate sales people to get out there and work on bigger clients as well as supporting them. I know I am thinking about giving a “BASE” salary, now trying to figure out rather it is a low base + large commission, or medium base with low commission, or base + commissions + bonuses, or maybe just a base + very low commissions + nice bonuses.

So let me go into what our company does and how we operate and then tell you the role of the sales / marketing consultant is going to be. Our company is a 100% Exclusive marketing reseller. Basically we work with other businesses and we are their ‘BACKEND’, and basically their operations. Companies will outsource their work to us this way they don’t have to worry about handling the “WORKING and the OPERATIONS” of the business, all they have to worry about is their sales and client relationships, we do all the actual work for them.

Now we specialize in things such as Online Marketing (SEO, Social Media, Link Building, Content Writing) and things like that. Now I mentioned we are 100% exclusive and what I mean by that is we ONLY work with other marketing companies, basically like a wholesaler to other SEO and Social Media companies, we don’t work with the general public. A retail store could not come to us and ask us to do their marketing for them, they would have to go through one our distributors (other marketing company) in order to get the services. Much like you can’t go directly to “Kraft Food Co” (Wholesaler) and buy Kraft Mac and Cheese you have to go to some grocery store (Distributor/Reseller), and the grocery stores needs these wholesalers because they don’t manufacture these products in store.

Now, with that being said, let me tell you what the Sales / Marketing Consultant will be doing for our company so you can understand what type of work they will be doing. They will mostly be required to do out-bound marketing and sales (cold calling, prospecting, building relationships), as well as helping to write content and marketing strategies and plans for the company and implement them. Also, as the company grows they will be fostering relationships with clients and trying to upset and ensure those active clients are happy and remain happy.

Now, as ai mentioned they will be helping implement some marketing materials and handling a bit of our marketing strategies and client operations, however their major role is going to be trying to get new accounts and bring in business to the company.

Now understand that if they get one client, it could have several accounts (individual sites) that we need to perform marketing for, so if they work and try to land BIG accounts this could be several thousand dollars in potential revenue for the company.

So with that being said please let me know your thoughts on this.

LindseyInteractive, Dec 13, 2012 IP