1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Help Picking An Appropriate Application For The Job

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Affers, Mar 28, 2007.

Hi guys,
    I started off ages ago running a blog in Wordpress. It's become fairly popular and so I added phpBB forums. Then the forum users wanted a real time chat. So I added that (Flashchat).

Then the blog started to receive abusive comments so I turned on registering. Ergo I ended up with three separate accounts for one site. Highly inconvenient for the users.

Now I'm looking to make the site far more uniform with hopefully just one application that can offer all three services. I've looked at Drupal and PostNuke so far and I'm leaning towards PostNuke since it looks the simplest.

But how is PostNuke with regards to security? The last thing I want is to do a lot of work moving the site over to a new type of software only for it to be hacked to bits within a few weeks. I can be quick with updates etc but I'm not entirely sure on how to go about making my site secure.

I know the basics of running a successful blog and forum but anything beyond that is too complex. There's no way I could integrate this into that etc!

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Affers, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  2. pj1s

pj1s Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are all kinds of porting scripts out there. Find one you understand, and use that.

e107 has the functions you are requesting - and if I recall correctly you can run or port phpBB into the portal.

Anyway, for ease I'd use a CMS that runs phpBB well, and integrate a safe chatbox - this way you could simply use the forum membership base for the entire portal.

pj1s, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  3. Affers

Affers Peon

Best Answers:
    I've read that e107 is quite good, yeah.

Thanks for the help. I'll have a look.

Affers, Mar 30, 2007 IP