1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help resizing/cropping pictures

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by ErnieB, May 26, 2009.

I have a TON of pictures that i want to resize to the same exact size. BUT i need to crop them and each individual picture has different areas/sizes that needs cropped. But i need the final pictures to all be the same size and "focused" on the part of the original picture that i want.

Any one know how to do this?

With what i currently use, my original pictures are over 3000X3000 px. I crop out the backgrounds so the pic is focused on what i want. ( since each picture is of something different, the final crops leave the pictures at different sizes ) Next i resize all of the pics to the same width. However the software keeps the "ratio" of the picture so all of the heights are different sizes.

I need to somehow keep all of the pictures the same width and height while being able to crop out the background. If i knew what dimension i was creating with my crop, perhaps that would help me? ( keeping a ratio that would allow for my final size i want on each pic )

ErnieB, May 26, 2009 IP
  2. momiexx

momiexx Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    try to use " XnView "

momiexx, May 27, 2009 IP
  3. Tom the Corset Maker

Tom the Corset Maker Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that you need to do it manually, how would software know what you wanted to keep?
    Photoshop magic wand is the tool.

Tom the Corset Maker, May 27, 2009 IP
  4. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can use windows image resizer for xp to resize the images in bulk. The image resizer for XP is part of the Microsoft power toys for XP collection. Just do a google search for it, you will find a place to download it from microsoft.com. And its free.

Select the images that you want to resize, right click on one of them, go to "resize image", pick the size you want and click ok. The tool can resize thousands of images at one time.

As for removing the background - your probably going to have to edit each image one at a time. Abode photoshop CS4 should be able to do that with no problem. For fine editing, you may want to get a pen tablet.

~kev~, May 27, 2009 IP