1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

need help// want to change domain name and hosting of a running website

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Faran Ayon, Jun 1, 2011.

hello everyone
    i got a running social website with huge amount of registered user and traffic . now i am having problem of terms and condition of my country... so i need to change my domain name and hosting also but i have to keep all of my data. i mean all of my site contents with registered user data . after changing domain and hosting registered user will be able to access new site with past user id and password. .. and very bad thing is that i don't know advance website maintenance .. some how i made that site and now this is very popular site... i don't know how to do this... plz.. if any one can give me any suggestion or tutorial link about where to start it, this will be very helpful for me ..
    i made this site with joomla 1.5 ...

plz help me..
    and sorry for my bad english

Faran Ayon, Jun 1, 2011 IP
  2. naveenkumar

naveenkumar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Move the script to the new domain and modify the configuration file in main directory to resemble the new domain and mysql.

naveenkumar, Jun 5, 2011 IP