1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help with Jewelry photos online

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by jojee, Mar 21, 2009.

Hi everybody,
    I own a very expensive photobox specifically designed to take pictures of jewellery. I have nice high res jpegs but for some reason the pictures are not turning out great. If you look at some online jewelry sites, their pictures look really amazing but I cannot seem to get my pics looking that great.

If anyone has any suggestions on what I should be doing, I would love to hear them.

Thanks!

jojee, Mar 21, 2009 IP
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I own an imagedome which ran around $5k - however, you still need to use photoshop to remove the background and touch up the images. Without seeing the photos, it impossible to know what you mean by "not turning out great". Some very high end photos (like something you would see Tiffany use) can take a day to set up and shoot. I worked with a pro-photographer who once did a jewelry shot for Gumps and it took three full days to get the perfect shot.

mjewel, Mar 21, 2009 IP
  3. jojee

jojee Peon

Best Answers:
    For Example if you take a look at this item, which was shot in the photo box, and then edited on Arcsoft the image does not show the back and front clearly. The back of the bracelet is a little blurred out.[​IMG]

Attached Files:

jojee, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  4. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What brand/model of camera are you using? How close is the lens to the top stones?

mjewel, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  5. alex22alex

alex22alex Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

We take lots of photos of Jewellery. It still looks like you did a really good job on that bracelet. It can be very tricky i really do sympathise but its hard to provide good advice. I assume if you are using such an expensive light box you are using a good macro lens ? I would do it all on manual to get a good feel for the camera. We use a Canon 450D + EF-S 60 MM Macro Lens and the Full Auto is rubbish at adjusting the Depth of Field to keep the whole item in focus.

A lot of the bigger companys cheat and do it from their CAD / CAM Models if the peice has been designed in search a way.

Alex

alex22alex, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  6. lafsunlmtd

lafsunlmtd Peon

Best Answers:
    photochop it!

lafsunlmtd, Apr 15, 2009 IP