1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help with launching website!!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Scrilla650, Oct 29, 2010.

Hey all

I'm building a resource website that will offer free articles, videos and product reviews. I will also have a few methods to try and get people on "my list" (ie...free ebook, weekly newsletter).

I'll be offering weekly tips, occassionally dropping an affiliate promo on them, and eventually offering them my own product.

My marketing plan on launch (and onward) will be videos on all the major video sites, SEO, forum siggy, a blog, and article marketing.

Questions:

Do you think a forum or building of a community would be helpful or necessary in creating a solid following?

What other methods on marketing that would be helpful in getting people to my site?

Scrilla650, Oct 29, 2010 IP
  2. ~~~~

~~~~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    -Advertise on niche specific forums
    -Always make sure to address people personally in your own forum (in 1 of my forums i was more of a friend rather than an admin, users really loved that, i replied every PM i got and encouraged users to approach me without any fear, that worked wonders!)
    -Lure people into your forums, offer them something they need for joining the forum :)
    I hope it helps
    -S

~~~~, Oct 29, 2010 IP
  3. Scrilla650

Scrilla650 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips! Communicating with the visitors is definitely a way to build a loyal following.

Scrilla650, Oct 29, 2010 IP
    ~~~~ likes this.
  4. justonepepsi

justonepepsi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, do start a forum where people can ask you questions without having to create an account.

To build your list, offer something free (free reports, videos, etc.) in exchange for them signing up for your email list.

justonepepsi, Oct 29, 2010 IP
  5. kawika

kawika Peon

Best Answers:
    I like to cross advertise .. I post in clasifieds and on craigslist to get PROFITABLE traffic..
    Use of Online Services is a great way to stay on top.
    Do you use any google groups .. Email and online marketing..

Take a look at my signature site to learn more .. we can help you suceed

kawika, Nov 2, 2010 IP