1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help with question/answer spam

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by COOLORANGEFREEZE, Jul 18, 2009.

I am going to release a classifieds website. It has a basic captcha or letters that must be matched for users to post ads.

But with todays bots I'm afraid it won't be enough.

What software or programs can you recommend that allow the webmaster to create questions and answers for human verification to use my site's services?

Any other anti-spam measures can be used for a website?

Any ideas, suggestions, and help is appreciated:cool:

COOLORANGEFREEZE, Jul 18, 2009 IP
  2. COOLORANGEFREEZE

COOLORANGEFREEZE Active Member

Best Answers:
    No one knows anything about anti-spam measures and using question and answer?

I'll hire out then. Elance has always been a great place to spend my money for quality, custom work:cool:

COOLORANGEFREEZE, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  3. TheDataPlanet.com

TheDataPlanet.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is recaptcha.net good enough for you? It's the most sophisticated captcha system I know.

Otherwise, you may need a custom Q&A verification or limit the number of posts per person per hour or something like that.

Tons of ways to prevent spam.

TheDataPlanet.com, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  4. DK42

DK42 Peon

Best Answers:
    Its funny you ask that, I was having about 100 spams a day though my WP Blog, then I just put on simple CAPTCHA and its now 0 a day, so it does work. Either that or the spammers targeting my sites are really dumb!

DK42, Jul 22, 2009 IP