1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by areza1, Oct 29, 2009.

Hey guys. Currently have a domain --> www.gamereflect.com

Me and my friend got it, just to muck around with it, and it ain't going anywhere. We thought doing reviews like gamespot etc will be good idea but competition to big. So we have just left the domain there and it's sitting there doing nothing. Now I am thinking of should I sell the domain, turn it into a game blog, or turn it into a forum.

What do you guys recommend me doing with it?

areza1, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  2. kimmy1986

kimmy1986 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would advise you to install wordpress and launch blog on it it would be better for you if you want to earn using it

kimmy1986, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  3. kabuoeu

kabuoeu Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I would recommend the same. Start developing something....:)

kabuoeu, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  4. areza1

areza1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Alright, so develop a blog. Should I make my own template or not worth it?

Also, I'm new to blogs. I know forums, every other website, but just don't understand blogs. And I haven't ever seen a gaming blog that is popular.

So, If i do start this blog, would I just make personal comments and opinions on games etc? Also, I'm more interested in pc hardware etc. Would it be better to buy a new domain and make a blog on that?

areza1, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  5. sharl

sharl Peon

Best Answers:
    Do some research about blogging. Simple one is that you can install wordpress platform. My advise, blog about what you are interested in. You can make personal comment, review about pc hardware, and whatever you like.

sharl, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  6. areza1

areza1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Alright no worries. So personal thoughts about pretty much anything. I like that as then I have a more variety of subjects to talk about. What I really want to do, is make a blog about:

• web design
    • seo
    • pc hardware
    • pc software

But that would require a new domain. And I'm pretty sure it would be hard to find a domain available that covers all of those categories. And there are so many blogs about those stuff!

Asking you guys as you have more experience, would you recommend be getting a new domain, or maybe just develop a game blog on my current domain, also make a section about pc hardware which will be about gaming systems only? or even better make the whole blog just about pc gaming and pc hardware? I like that idea:)

areza1, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  7. sharl

sharl Peon

Best Answers:
    That's great. Since you have domain which is related to gaming you can have hardware category which is related to gaming system. It's no harm. And is will be more focus and niche related.

You can buy a new domain for web design, seo and other niche/topic

sharl, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  8. areza1

areza1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Alright awesome, I think I'm gonna go for the game blog with gaming system hardware:p (only pc gaming though)

Now need to find out more about blogging, are there any articles or tutorials that helped you a lot? I know I could just google for blogging but sometimes the link at the top ain't the best.

Any other suggestions also. So should I go for wordpress or any other Content Management Systems?

areza1, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  9. sharl

sharl Peon

Best Answers:
    You can refer problogger blog such as Darren Rowse, Jeremy Schoemaker and John Chow. Just google it. Their blogs help a lot.

I am suggesting Wordpress for CMS.

sharl, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  10. areza1

areza1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Alright awesome, thanks guys. So will start on it tonight:)

thanks guys. Will keep you updated:)

areza1, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  11. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This domain can be used to create a forum about games niche.
    Let user discuss about new games and share their strategies on the particular games.

mentos, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  12. livetowrite

livetowrite Peon

Best Answers:
    Just wanted to add that you should always aim for quality. Don't make money your primary motive. It looks to me like gaming is something you're passionate about, so work to make your blog the best personal gaming blog around while also keeping an eye on the business end of things.

livetowrite, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  13. areza1

areza1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys. Well finished installing wordpress and found a template I like. Should I remove the ad for now until I get more popular because personally I think it's ugly. I have added some plugins for SEO etc. Also from reading around it looks like quality blog posts are between 600-800 words and include a lot of my major keywords. And I should be looking towards 10+ articles a week?

Any other tips and hints I should know?

areza1, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  14. amishaseth

amishaseth Peon

Best Answers:
    dont monetize it now....
    1st make it popular
    do seo
    whn ur website comes in eyes of gamers
    dan put ads
    best of luck

amishaseth, Nov 15, 2009 IP
  15. jasmeencress

jasmeencress Member

Best Answers:
    I also think very useful for you to check out the Facebook Page, add links to various blogs and with lots of information about starting a small business.

jasmeencress, Nov 11, 2014 IP