1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need long term investment process

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Basanta, Jun 15, 2011.

I am interested for a investment of 10k on long term basis, maximum 17 years. Can any one, inform me, the investment option and where to invest and how to invest to get good return and how much is expected by investing 10k in India. Thanks ! :)

Basanta, Jun 15, 2011 IP
  2. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Its depend on your risk preferences.

If you want high return then you need to accept high risk and vice versa.

mentos, Jun 15, 2011 IP
  3. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Put it in a low cost index fund that tracks the S&P 500 and you can't go far wrong. Maybe put it into some good mutual funds, most good ones typically increase on average around 7-8% per year.

The biggest S&P Index fund > http://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE:SPY buy on a good pull back (right now is a perfect opportunity). You're also getting a 1.78% yearly dividend, so that's $178 you can re-invest every year, and over 17 years would really add up.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
    Seqqa, Jun 16, 2011 IP
  4. mygold

mygold Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should decide of your own knowledge because this is a long term project that's why. From my experience you can invest for IM side area.

mygold, Jun 16, 2011 IP
  5. sambling

sambling Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Over the long haul not many fund managers out-perform index funds, so put your money there.

sambling, Jun 17, 2011 IP
  6. xenon121

xenon121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you wanna to invest such amount, then my suggestion is you should go for web hosting. it is very profitable business now a days.

xenon121, Jun 18, 2011 IP
  7. Sara09

Sara09 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are various ideas and methods out here how to make money online, but it all depends on your interest and the line which suits you. According to me the best investment would be Forex, as Forex is the largest financial market in the world. Trading in forex market can be extremely profitable and super easy to get started in, this is far more money than the stock, bond and future markets.

Sara09, Jun 20, 2011 IP
  8. manisharora

manisharora Peon

Best Answers:
    I was going through this post and i could recall my situation when i was thinking to invest. In India there are so many companies who are providing long term investments, but after i chose for DSP black rock (dspblackrock.com). They have some amazing schemes and returns are also great. The most important thing for investing long term is the risk factor. So look at this website and you will find your answers:  ... i specially got attracted to an equity fund scheme which reinvests dividend. Well i am not the expert but i got the results so i am sharing the same. Happy Diwali and happy investing!

manisharora, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  9. Max Singapore

Max Singapore Active Member

Best Answers:
    is always easy to invest , and not easy to get a fast return . in order to spend the money worth while , you need to study or understand the market you are about to invest in .

their also option of investing in others , but that in return higher your risk . unless you know or trust the person you are investing with .

if you have the time , PM me and i would give you some advice . base on your needs .

and find a solution for you .

Max Singapore, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  10. Albert L.

Albert L. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can also purchase a small peace of land, this is best investment.

Albert L., Oct 24, 2011 IP