1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Photoshop Template advice please!!

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by AngelaR, Oct 17, 2006.

Hi everyone!

I am trying to edit a template I have bought. And I cant seem to get it right. I am using Photoshop 7.0 to edit.

What the problem is is that the template contains text that is supposed to be only edited in an HTML editor, easy enough... Well I change the images I want to edit, add text, etc.. And then what I have read that I am supposed to do with the text is hide the layer that contains it, by pressing on the "eye" button on the appropriate layer. Well I hide all the text, and then Save for Web. Images and HTML, go to NVU (the web design software I am using) and try and edit the text and the layers are not showing where the text should be... Im soooo super confused and frustrated with this.. :confused:

Does anyone know how to do this? What I am trying to accomplish is that I will be able to edit the text in an HTML editor when I am finished editing the graphics, I do not want the whole website to be a Photoshop Image because it will not show to Search Engines, etc.

I hope I explained this to what hopefully makes sense!! Any help would be appreciated.:)

AngelaR, Oct 17, 2006 IP
  2. missdanni

missdanni Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi there,

Wow you almost confused me for a min lol

Ok I think whats going on is:

When you edit your template in PS and then "Save for Web" - you are exporting images AND html.

What you may want to try is:

Back up your files. (Make a copy of everything in case you mess up )

Open up your PS and edit your template however you want

-but-

When you go to "Save for web" or export - export only the images - replace the existing images not the html.

Let me know if that made sense....

missdanni, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  3. websiteideas

websiteideas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to learn CSS if you want to be able to use colored backgrounds that are not images.

websiteideas, Oct 20, 2006 IP