1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need recommendations for ad server

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by blakekr, Apr 23, 2006.

I'm having a hard time finding the right ad server and I'd really love some suggestions (also, I couldn't find the exact right place to post this. Admin, please move if you want ...)

I'm looking for: php/mysql

- Flash ad support
    - Adsense support, so I can mix in Adsense with my own ads
    - **Some kind of targeting, so I can link certain ads to certain URLs or keywords
    - Moderate price
    - Upgrades included or reasonable
    - Active user community

Any suggestions? Much appreciated!

blakekr, Apr 23, 2006 IP
  2. spainexpat

spainexpat Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, do you have a content management system? It'd probably help. Just punch in a bunch of conditionals into your template.

You could also try googling "php advertising solution" or something.

spainexpat, Apr 23, 2006 IP
  3. blakekr

blakekr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use wordpress.

I need something a little more robust than conditionals. For example, I need something that won't just dump "blue" ads in my "blue widget" page, but will mix them up with adsense ads or other linked ads proportionately. Tracking would be nice, too. No need to reinvent the wheel here because I'm sure there's a good solution out there.

PhpAdsNew is phenomenal, but has no keyword or URL targeting. MaxMedia server apparently does, but isn't ready for release (and doesn't work for me). Rather than invest hours more in trying out the various offerings, I'd like to hear about which servers have met someone's needs and proved to have good support.

blakekr, Apr 23, 2006 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Ads come with a "source" string which can be anything - and could be a single keyword - then ads could be targetted at that keyword. Over at www.propertytalk.com we use source to signify the country that a particular section focusses on and the ads can be targetted accordingly.

I've used phpAdsNew on a few sites but propertytalk is probably the best example.

sarahk, Apr 24, 2006 IP