1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need some advice and maybe a business partner

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Skuxta, Jul 6, 2008.

I have a few questions that I would appreciate if they were answered.

Now Im a gamer at heart and have been for most of life. I own a gaming site and know my fair share of websites and a general idea of how to run them and such.

I have been looking to have my own broswer based game developed. A totally unique to my liking game that is not text based but has some decent graphics. Lets say a bit like Runescape for example.

This is a pretty profitable niche to go into if done right. Runescape has a few million players. At least 1 million are donating members. 1 million x $10 a month = 10 million a month = 120 million a year. But maybe around 100 million due to loss of members or something. I'm not saying that would happen to me, Im just pointing out the potential there is.

Now for my questions, Where would I go to find a company/team to develop a MMORPG to my liking and what price would I be looking at? somewhere around 5-10k Im guessing.

Also if the game were to be a actual client using 3d sort of cartoon sprites similar to maplestory how much would I expect to need to pay and where could I find a development team.

The second part of this thread....

I am looking for a business partner who would like to carry this out with me. We both pitch a equal amount and if luck hits our way find some investors. It would be a join partnership 50/50. For more information contact me Via PM or MSN. ( Check the msn Icon for my msn address )

Skuxta, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  2. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    create a thread in the business section to look for programmers that are interested. the price will depend on the time you give the team to develope the whole thing and how much work it will be I guess 10k$+

Sensei.Design, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  3. zxlewi

zxlewi Banned

Best Answers:
    i sell ready made mmorpg/rpg sites
    but are text based
    will work out cheaper if you buy them and then get a team to edit to what you like :)

zxlewi, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  4. Skuxta

Skuxta Banned

Best Answers:
    Not looking at buying Text based game scripts sorry.

Skuxta, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  5. Jason1uk

Jason1uk Peon

Best Answers:
    Your going to require a hell of alot more than 10,000 dollars, that's for sure.

Jason1uk, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  6. bidzapbiz

bidzapbiz Peon

Best Answers:
    Try getafreelancer.com

bidzapbiz, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  7. Precise

Precise Peon

Best Answers:
    Everybody has been down the road of wanting to create their own RPG, it's very profitable. You are going to be paying out multiple thousand dollars to hire a programmer. Your best bet is to learn how to program yourself.

Precise, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  8. nut legend

nut legend Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You will need more than 10,000 dollars, if I were I would earn learn yourself or make a game for the PS3 or something like that instead.

nut legend, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  9. mbreezy

mbreezy Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you're betting $100m/year then $10k+ aint bad. Hell, even if your estimates are off by 99% then that's still $1m/year and you'd be able to afford the cost. Business is all about risks and what you're willing to risk. Is it worth a bank loan to you?

mbreezy, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  10. immortality

immortality Peon

Best Answers:
    If you were looking to make a decent game with decent graphics that people would actually play, you could expect to pay $35000 minimum.

immortality, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  11. Max Singapore

Max Singapore Active Member

Best Answers:
    ok , i give many people advice for business ,
    not trying to say your plan is not good, but the Number you use is not realistic .

you said 1 million user donating to a Game . and each donating $10 - that is not possible

in order to do business you got to be realistic .

i know people who had done App for andriod . and he have more then 3 million people using his free app . and trust me . he give it for free and hope he get a good donation . but till now his monthly donation is still less then $1-2k

that will also depend on how you do it and market it .

the reason why i bring this up is . is good to have big plans and great idea .. but don't over kill your dream with over realistic income .

many people talk about making money online and the kinda of comfort life their going to have if there can start earning money online .

but the fact is every successful person their 50 or many 100 that fail .

" don't lie to yourself " first rule of business :)

All the best , if you need any serious advice , feel free to contact me .

Max Singapore, Oct 27, 2011 IP