1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Some Advice For My News Blog

Discussion in 'General Business' started by 360kid, Apr 11, 2010.

Hello people

I started a PlayStation news blog with my friends a while back and we managed to get included in the Google news index, we average around 6-700 uniques a day with a popular story it can sky rocket above 1,500 uniques for that single article, but now with everyone busy with work we hardly publish new articles.

As you can image it's not a big blog, we just publish news for now until we can get a bigger team dedicated to publising quality content. I tried to find some people to help me keep the blog alive but so far I had no luck, it's no surprise since I can't offer any money well the blog needs 10X the traffix to see any money come through anyway.

But to get their I need people who can publish quality content on a daily basis and that's where I'm stuck, the blog isn't making any money and I don't know where to find anyone who's willing to join let alone contribute.

I came here for good suggestions, hopefuly you guys can point me to the right direction.

Thanks!

360kid, Apr 11, 2010 IP
  2. iknowalittlebit

iknowalittlebit Peon

Best Answers:
    I have tried to hire people from this board to write for me. They all submit great samples, but then when I assign them a writing job I get back a bunch of words that make no sense. My advice is to look for help somewhere else.

iknowalittlebit, Apr 11, 2010 IP
  3. james.parker

james.parker Peon

Best Answers:
    OK , Please send your blog address, do let me know about it if you are really looking for a person who writes well on the Play Stations , I have a person who writes superb ! But please do let me know about the paying ! Are you looking for persons to be paid ? PM me regard further details.
    And Play station is an interesting topic to have.
    Regards

james.parker, Apr 11, 2010 IP
  4. Saniuk

Saniuk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi there,
    I'm not sure where you're from, but in this case, DP may not be able to provide you with the content that you need. Perhaps try searching locally for a partner/writer, as I've found the quality/accountability is a lot better, but if money's an issue, that could be a problem as well. You can also try looking on Elance for writers. I've met a lot of quality content creators for reasonable prices from that website. Good luck.

Saniuk, Apr 12, 2010 IP
  5. iknowalittlebit

iknowalittlebit Peon

Best Answers:
    I just received another great PM for a writing position. It said, "We can provide you best and fast article with excellent English Language."

iknowalittlebit, Apr 12, 2010 IP
  6. Saniuk

Saniuk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    From my experience, every PM regarding content creation services says something very similar. It's quite hard to tell from the PM and even the writing examples/portfolio. The best thing is to request a test article (no payment) and judge the quality of work specific to your needs. Good luck.

Saniuk, Apr 12, 2010 IP
  7. iknowalittlebit

iknowalittlebit Peon

Best Answers:
    There are some good writers here, but you have to weed through the ignorant ones to get to the ones that know how to write!

iknowalittlebit, Apr 13, 2010 IP