1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Some Guidance.

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Xavier_3D, Jul 3, 2008.

My Friend recently tasked me to design a Band site for him. Its not my first experience with Flash, but I am still kind of newbie.

The site I wish to replicate is sort of like this.

http://www.aliazmat.com/

I don't want to replicate it wholly. I want to make a good navigatable version with buttons and all. Although I am familar with doing buttons, but my skill is limited, so here's the things I need to ask.

How can that effects on the guy's face be created?
    How do you actually load things from an outside source while the Loading bar progresses?
    Finally should I create different scenes for each page? Or 1 big Movie?

Someone Told me to do this.
    I really don't know the XML part, anybody has any tutorials for that.?

Xavier_3D, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  2. Rubenator

Rubenator Peon

Best Answers:
    The answers you got are on thr right way. The way I see it you can:

1. Make two layers in Flash; one with the image with the patterns already added, and another with only the patterns. Next you just need to do a tween of each pattern, modifying its Color either by a simple Alpha or Advanced (you can search for "flash burn effect" to get more ideas). Also there's a highlight running vertically that pretty much is the same effect.

2. Depending on the size and quantity of elements, you may need XML or not. To get you started, I believe you will find a lot of answers about preloader here:
    www.senocular.com/flash/tutorials/preloading For XML tutorials, look at www.kirupa.com

3. Yes, definitely avoid scenes. That's one fo those things that you wonder why Adobe kept on CS3.

Rubenator, Jul 3, 2008 IP
    Xavier_3D likes this.
  3. mammothgraphics

mammothgraphics Peon

Best Answers:
    w3schools.com has an XML tutorial.

mammothgraphics, Jul 3, 2008 IP