1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need some help with my first website idea

Discussion in 'General Business' started by swigyy, Feb 8, 2010.

Alright so after many many failed atempts at various different get rich quick scams i feel its time to face the fact that to earn online you have to work hard. (A very embarrising realisation but a very important one nontheless i think) so i want to create my first blog about dubstep. Dubstep is an electronica music genre and is very popular in the UK and now becoming increasing popular in the US and many other countrys. Ive chosen this becuase ive been told many times to create a website on something i know alot about and and enjoy. I go to many dubstep partys and listen to alot of it and its currently my favourite music genre so i think this fits well. Now as this is my first website ive got a few questions for all you pros if you dont mind!

1. What is the best blog software to use? (wordpress e.t.c)
    2. Should my domain name have the words dubstep in it?
    3. What would be the best ways of monetising the blog?
    4. What are the best promotion techniques to advertise a blog like this?
    5. Do you think from what ive explained i could earn a decent amount of money from this?

In regards to question 3 i thought about when i post news on new tracks being released i could give a link saying something like "Get this track now on itunes?" and obviously giving them my itunes affiliate link (itunes is just an example and i would probably use a different service) do you guys think this would work well?

Ive got about $200 to spend i think so my budget isnt exactly huge but sufficiant enough to get started i hope!

I think thats about it so i look forward to hearing your responses and any general thoughts and ideas you might have about this. I might have a few more questions come to me but none at the moment, thanks!

swigyy, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  2. aznjack31

aznjack31 Peon

Best Answers:

I personally use wordpress because its highly customizable and easy to install

huh? your domain should be as close to your niche as possible

adsense is a good way to start

backlinks and promotion or buy my software to do that for you

5. Do you think from what ive explained i could earn a decent amount of money from this?

I would have to talk to you more

$50 can get my autoblogging software that will make autoblogs in minutes to help you earn money. go find the thread on the buy, sell, trade forum or visit www.BlogSlammer.Org

PM me if you have anymore questions

aznjack31, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  3. QuackWare

QuackWare Member

Best Answers:

Wordpress, blogger, or drupal (If you want a more CMS platform) is probably your best bet.

Ideally you should have the keyword in the domain but make sure it is something memorable and not a domain like mydubstepwebsiteblog.com

Putting adsense, affiliate links, or even downloads to (legal) dubstep music if people are interested in hearing what you are talking about. If you want some ideas about pay per download sites pm me since I am not sure if I am allowed to share links to them since it might be spamming.

Try posting on blogs covering your topic or similar topic, making sure to include a link back to your blog. Also posting articles about your topic or press releases is a good idea.

Depends on how popular dubstep is (I don't really know) and how popular your blog becomes.

QuackWare, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  4. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:

1.Yes wordpress is the best idea.

2.Yes coz it will make SE friendly.

3.Using adsense.

4.Link building and directory submission.

5.It depend on your site content to determine your site successful or not.

mentos, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  5. proson

proson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1.) wordpress, easy to install, lots of free themes, easy to make it search engine friendly. I have tried drupal but it seems hard to get it customizable

2.) Well you should have your primary keyword in the domain if you are looking for natural search traffic

3.) Adsesne, pay per install, CPA offers etc

4.) forums on relevant niches, you tubes, podcasts, myspace, facebook etc and I think they are good for music

5.) What do you mean by a decent income? It depends on your marketing effort and if the niche you choose has a lot of potential.

So it is hard to say you will make a decent income from a website or not.

proson, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  6. pari636

pari636 Guest

Best Answers:
    3- Try to collect as many member or user info as possible legally. Email, demographics, mobile number etc.. Once you get to a point you will realize your sitting on a gold mine.
    You should be able to monetize this in many LEGAL ways.

pari636, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  7. bn81159

bn81159 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Wordpress in my opinion is the best blogging platform and the theme of choice and again my opinion is the heatmap theme "heatmaptheme.com" this theme is friendly to use adsense .

bn81159, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  8. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well said. Mentos has a lot of good ideas.

Barefootsies, Feb 9, 2010 IP