1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need some inspiration? Look how 2 women's goofy idea resulted in 1 million in sales

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ron99, Oct 9, 2013.

I've been collecting business success stories for many years. I always learn from them and find them inspirational. I hope this will do the same for you.

How to Women Made Million in Sales Sending Balls in Mail

Sisters Michelle and Melisa never thought that balls can change their life forever. Since the 90s they have been sending balls in mail. However, in 2003, what they thought as a crazy idea became a lucrative business.

One of the sisters came from a direct mail world and knew the mailing rules. She made a practice of sending silly things in the mail over the years. One day she was in a store and saw a bin of bouncy balls, grabbed one and thought she could mail it. She took a Sharpie felt pen, addressed it to her friend Sharon, wrote “Have BALL with your new baby”, went to the post office and mailed it. Her friend loved it so much, the sisters sent them again and again to other friends. Once while standing in line with a ball at the post office, another person asked her to send a ball for them to one of their friends. That gave them the goofy idea to try it as a business.

They started a website called sendaball.com

In case you are wondering. You can almost any unique item I the mail without wrapping or boxing it. The post office doesn’t mind in fact with the US post office struggling financially they welcome the revenue. If you live outside the US check your own mail regulations
    The sisters claim that their business, Sendaball, has been very fortunate to have been growing since 2003 by taking small steps. They have a great customer base and many of them get a Sendaball in the mail and order a ball for someone else. They enjoy hearing the stories from the customers about how a simple ball in the mail can bring so much laughter and fun to the receiver. The bottom-line of the business which captured the attention of customers—humor and creativity.
    They even appeared on Shark Tank but they didn't get any funding.

To date they have done $1 million in sales with their silly little idea.

Do a little brainstorming? What unique item could you send in the mail that would could start your own similar business.
    Ron

ron99, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  2. ron99

ron99 Peon

Best Answers:
    Did anyone see them on Shark Tank?

ron99, Oct 11, 2013 IP