1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need some suggestions for a designer friendly e-commerce system

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Mr. Damnation, Jul 28, 2008.

I work for a graphic design company as a web designer and we've hit our first e-commerce client. However, I'm not sure which set of software to purchase!

I need something that not only works with merchant accounts, google checkout and paypal, but one that is very customizable when it comes to designing.

I design sites by hand and need to implement the shopping cart system into it. Not the other way around...I don't want to be tethered in by the limitations of a shopping cart that, for example, only allows you to edit the header and footer. That's too basic for a professional design company.

My friend showed me this really cool one before, but I lost the link and he doesn't have it either. I think this is a good place to ask, however.

Mr. Damnation, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  2. Astroman

Astroman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I recently found Cubecart easy to template. I tried all the ones that come with Fantastico, then decided Cubecart was easiest for me to customize. OsCommerce is supposed to be good, but I couldn't get my head around it within half an hour so I lost patients with it. :)

Astroman, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  3. Mr. Damnation

Mr. Damnation Peon

Best Answers:
    My problem with Cubecart is that I cannot install Zend Optimizer on all my clients websites! Is there anyway around it?

Mr. Damnation, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  4. Astroman

Astroman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can either get your host to install it on the server, or I think upload the loader files to the website's folder and use a php.ini file to show the path to the folders, depending on the server setup.

To be honest it's a pretty common requirement these days, so you should perhaps think about getting your host to sort it out or go somewhere else?

Astroman, Jul 29, 2008 IP