1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need staff calendar, document sharing

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Andzs, May 18, 2010.

Hi

A person I run a site for has said he wants an internal area with a calendar and a place to host files and post notices for staff. The problem is I know his technical abilities (almost zero).
    I tried to just suggest a simple internal forum since they usually have a calendar built in and posting a file is as simple as adding an attachment to a post, but he dismissed that idea.

After searching for a long time I found Acollab and it seemed absolutely perfect -

• Really simple calendar
    • 'Library' where addin a file was incredibly simple.
    But then I saw that it's not being continued and has vulnerability that are not being patched since the authors recommending their other product 'atutor' as having similar functions (it's actually completely different and much more complicated)

Does anyone know any other systems that have similar functionality as acollab - and it has to be really really simple to use?

Andzs, May 18, 2010 IP
  2. Fervid

Fervid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Fervid, May 18, 2010 IP
  3. Andzs

Andzs Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks

But I'm looking for something I can host myself, and preferably free. :)

Andzs, May 19, 2010 IP
  4. juhasan

juhasan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What would be the benefit of hosting your own apps when everything is managed by Google? It's fast, safe, almost 99% uptime... nothing more I can expect for free.

I'm using Google Apps Standard Edition for my business and quite happy with the features.

juhasan, May 20, 2010 IP