1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Suggestion I have great domain

Discussion in 'General Business' started by romika, Jul 24, 2010.

HI

I hold two great name that sound branded ...

forexacre.com
    businessacre.com

Should I start a website with it or sell it at sedo?

if website which type of website ? Thanks in advance ! :)

romika, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  2. Umesh281

Umesh281 Peon

Best Answers:
    keep one sell one - try making a good website with businessacre.com, may be a real estate website or if you like forex then make one on forex trading.

Umesh281, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  3. TheCheesePolice

TheCheesePolice Member

Best Answers:
    Build a small revenue and flip it after doing that.

TheCheesePolice, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  4. Hermawan.Solihin

Hermawan.Solihin Peon

Best Answers:
    I Think you should go with both domain...using wordpress would be easy setup...Fill it with content related to its name, then try to get targetted traffic to it...after you make a reasonable income, try to flip it...

Hermawan.Solihin, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  5. Andrew Clave

Andrew Clave Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, you may be much better off by first adding more value to the names though a working website with some useful, unique content, and then flipping it.

Andrew Clave, Jul 25, 2010 IP
  6. sheril123

sheril123 Member

Best Answers:
    before buying a domain, you should decide the purpose of it and then set to buy it. you dont buy it and then choose what to do with them..
    to sell domains in sedo it would be good if you buy, 3 to 4 letter domain names.
    and to start a business, you decide what you are gonna use and then buy domain related to the business that you are going to do... if you buy domain without thinking in advance, then you will have to work with whatever you buy

sheril123, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  7. lisaoliver

lisaoliver Peon

Best Answers:
    Putting up some content on the sites as a blog and monetize with Adsense, Amazon or Clickbank will increase the value of the domain names significantly and once you have traffic and revenue coming in you should be able to get a good price flipping the sites rather than selling the domain names,
    Best wishes
    lisa

lisaoliver, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  8. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If It was me, I would have thought and decided prior to purchasing the domain name. I am sure you must have bought it looking some value in it, so you know the form in which it will have more value.

My suggestion:
    1. Selling on sedo is not so easy and quick. So, put the domains on Sedo for sale on a slightly high price, at least listing there is free (who knows that they may sell, but be confident that it won't :p )
    2. After that start developing websites over them and keep on raising the prices in sedo dashboard as you keep on investing your precious hard work in them.
    3. Also monetize your domains while developing using affiliate products, adsense or contextual advertising. Monetizing is good in two ways.
    A. You earn while developing, if your domains take time to sell, you have another earning source.
    B. The earning stats will help you in selling the domains.
    4. When you think that you have sufficiently developed them, put them on sale or auction. you will not be too impatient to sell them and thus you will get the right price.

-Parul Sharma

psharma, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  9. omarabid

omarabid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Keep the Forex one. Forex is hot. Start a blog and put some content and get PR3 or PR4 and then sell.

omarabid, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  10. Serious Workers

Serious Workers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One more advice, do not sell on Sedo. But try selling it on Flippa. You will get higher price then Sedo there.

Serious Workers, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  11. romika

romika Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for valuable advice ....finally I decided to keep both domains and started a site with few affiliates and ad revenue
    Thanks once again.

romika, Jul 28, 2010 IP