1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Suggestion to plan "Critics" website

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Cool Dude, Nov 11, 2013.

Hello,

I am planning to develop a website, where my domain is "Critics".info
    But I am confused whether to make it as a Critics News Blog or Forum...

Please suggest your valuable opinions on this and let me know if you have any new plans..

Looking for your feedbacks.

Thanks
    Cool

Cool Dude, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  2. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would be to provide a more helpful opinion if you told me what exactly your webiste would do. The choice should be clear though, I think. If its' a blog, call it "Critics News Blog", if it's a forum, call it a forum.

YJunK, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Why not do both? Create your critics news blog and offer a free forum for members to interact and exchange opinions/thoughts etc. The problem of course is that once you started it, you'd have to monitor it. So do you have the time? If not best find a moderator.

Spoiltdiva, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  4. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Spoiltdiva strikes again with a brilliant solution! Really, if you have time to do both — do both, but good moderation is a must. Nothing makes a forum obsolete like an unmoderated, spam-filled collection of unnecessary posts.

YJunK, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  5. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    Come up with a better name that can be used universal for everything. I own UGLYSOB.com, which would be good for that.

Joe@AdPatron, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  6. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend you to make it a Blog on Critics News and have a Forum within the site.

A Blog on a specific niche/topic + plus a Forum have the potential to help you grow a big audience. And of course you will need to do a lot of marketing and drive a lot of traffic to make this happen.

If I was you, I would just build a simple blog with relevant categories - then build a simple Forum Section and then just jump right into the 'driving traffic part'. I would want to Focus a lot more on the traffic to the site.

Think about this.... how could you test anything on a website, if not too many people are looking at it and giving you a lot of feedback. And for a lot of people to do that, you will need A LOT of people. This is where you want to implement the right Internet Marketing Strategies to build up the Traffic Flow to your Content.

Once you have a good amount of traffic coming in, enough traffic where people is leaving comments and stuff, then you can test different things out way better. You will be able to get faster feedback and better data to work with.

I do understand you need to work on your website and the ideas for it at the beginning, but all I'm saying is to not get 'too stuck' with this part. Make sure you make the right decisions and get the job done fast. Building a successful blog online will take time and effort - so I would recommend you to start right away.

Like the Nike motto says..... Just Do it! lol :cool:

Once you start gaining readers to your amazing content - you can start promoting your Forum and encourage people to sign up to share knowledge there.

Make sure you have a cool Forum and it is very simple to use and navigate. If you are using WordPress as your blogging platform - there are many good Forum Plugins you can use.

You will also need to be aware of the Spammers that will come after your Forum. Make sure you take care of that with plugins and tools.

Learn SEO strategies to pull in targeted traffic from the search engines and build a fantastic Forum most people are likely to love so you can start building up the success of your website.

You will have to be very consistent with the process and with the entire work. You will need to learn how to do productive work that will add up little by little. Time & Hard work is what will help you get where you want to get. But don't ever forget about the internet user as well.

One thing that can help you build a fantastic site is to think like the internet user. Think like the visitor you want to attract. By taking a time to think about this, it will help you come up with the ideas to build the best blog for the audience you want to attract.

There are a lot of things to learn about building a successful blog online. But these tips should be enough to help you out right now and get started.

I hope this information helps you and it answers some of your questions...

I wish you the best success online!

Cheers! :cool:

Snoopy240, Jan 20, 2014 IP