1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Technical Help Now.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jfontestad, Apr 29, 2005.

Ok,
    At the bginning of the week I was freaking out becuase I thought I messed my friends computer up. Well this question goes out to those of you who have good technical skills or those of you who've done this before.
    He has a Sony Grand Wega 60" HDTV. He also has a Dell XPS Gen. 2 with ATI Radeon 9800XT video card.
    He wants to hook the computer up to the TV through the video cards DVI to the HDTVs HDMI (He has a DVI to HDMI converter cable). I hooked it up and had things working sort of, but resolution is soOoOoo off it isn't even funny. I downloaded a little program named PowerStrip, but have no clue on what I'm suppose to do.
    Can anyone give me step by step instrcutions on what i'm suppose to do and how I configure the HDTVs resolution to where I can see the whole screen and it looks good.
    Regards,
    J Fontestad

jfontestad, Apr 29, 2005 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    From my experience (but old school TVs though) when the resolution is way off it's often the refresh rates which don't match. Find out what the TV's refresh rate is and match it on the computer.

T0PS3O, Apr 29, 2005 IP