1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need to change text doc into Excel

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by masterwebby, Dec 27, 2009.

Hi friends,

I have a text document containing email address separated by comma(,) I want to copy all email ids to column in excel sheet. Copying and pasting each email id will require more time and effort so I want to do it easily and quickly. I am sure there may be any way to do this. Please let me know if you have any idea to this

Thanks

masterwebby, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  2. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on the version of excel. I use the data import feature to grab big database files.

It's easiest to find "how to" by using the Excel Help files. Type in what you want to do an Excel will tell you how.

Example:

Click the cell where you want to put the data from the text file.
    To ensure that the external data (external data: Data that is stored outside of Excel. Examples include databases created in Access, dBASE, SQL Server, or on a Web server.) does not replace existing data, make sure that the worksheet has no data below or to the right of the cell you click.

On the Data menu, point to Import External Data, and then click Import Data.
    In the Files of type box, click Text Files.
    In the Look in list, locate and double-click the text file you want to import as an external data range (external data range: A range of data that is brought into a worksheet but that originates outside of Excel, such as in a database or text file. In Excel, you can format the data or use it in calculations as you would any other data.).
    To specify how you want to divide the text into columns, follow the instructions in the Text Import Wizard, and then click Finish.
    In the Import Data dialog box, click Properties to set formatting and layout options for the imported data.
    In the Import Data dialog box, do one of the following:
    To return the data to the location you selected, click Existing worksheet, and then click OK.

internetmarketingiq, Dec 28, 2009 IP