1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need to form a business company

Discussion in 'General Business' started by pooya, Feb 21, 2014.

I own a facebook group which is a serious page which is a service for the people by the people who want to inform and be informed of any security threats in their city.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/haalatpk/

Now knowing this is on facebook there is nothing I can do to generate revenue or to expand in any way. Members of the group wish to discuss every update but due to our strict rules we don’t allow it. I want them to have a platform where they could express themselves more.

Ideas Generated by Brainstorming:

1. Extract facebook group status & comments along with its members (if possible) and display it on a website. (I don’t know what platform to do it on)
    2. Website visitors can view the website only if they are logged into facebook. This verifies if the visitor is a member of the group. (Yes or No?)
    3. Display banners available for sale or rent, or perhaps google adsense? (Revenue)
    4. Donation from members, especially for paying the server costs. (Revenue)
    5. Ask for a subscription? But for what even though facebook group is free (Revenue)
    6. Build an umbrella website showcasing halaat updates, public event updates, including traffic updates and i dont know perhaps mobile & eatery updates? (Thinking outside the box for growth)
    7. Launch a mobile app? Accessible to mobile numbers associated with the websites member profile? Something like whatsapp but by which every massage sent or received is read by the entire community. (More on this)
    8. Provide Benefits to our members such as discounts by sponsors from various banks or eatery? by showcasing our installed mobile app. (Brainstorming required)
    9. Cinema Updates? Which movie at which cinema (Every cinema has its own website, but what if we could sell our members tickets via their app?)
    10. Potential of having our own currency?

I will update this as more ideas come along.

I need help on what to do about these ideas and how to go about it.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
    pooya, Feb 21, 2014 IP
  2. daveman

daveman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Pooya,

I posted this reply for you on my post....
    The key point is do some more research on the technical side but also think about the business and customer side... how will this change make your customers feel?

Looks to me that what you want can be done but it depends on your skill and budget.
    I think you will need:
    - Developer with skill in integrating Facebook.
    - Membership script for your website.
    - Technical plan to make all of this work properly.

If you have a very small budget, I think you should post in web development section of the forum or on web development forums then you can get some advice on the technical side.

The other part I think you should focus on is how this will help or hurt your members.
    Ask your self why am I making the system work this way?
    How will this help the members of the group?
    Will they like these changes or not?
    Is there a simpler way I could get the same results?

daveman, Feb 25, 2014 IP