1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Web Conferencing Server - Best Options?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by thirdrailholding, Sep 24, 2008.

We are looking to setup an in-house web conferencing server to handle 200+ person sized 'webinars' and possibly even resell some conferencing services sort of like chat rooms. I've looked around at a few products (DimDim, being part open source for instance caught our eye until the true price/clossed-source came out after talking to them for their 'enterprise product) and some pure comerical options like webex/gotomeeting etc.

I was wondering if anyone here has had success with their own web conferencing server/software rather than just outsourcing it to the webex's and gotomeetings of the world? I would appreciate any suggestions (budget is up to about $10k on the software licensing) for the right fit and we have our own servers already, though we could just outsource it all for the right software I suppose. There seems so many out there, surely someone here has hit the bullseye on this one already and can save me the time to re-invent the wheel? :)

thanks!

thirdrailholding, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  2. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    DimDim is probably the most well known and popular when it comes to open source web conferencing. Our company is a competitor with WebEx and GoToMeeting and our system is completely in-house coded. If you are looking to set something like this up you may need more than $10k. Our developers are full time hired working employees and depending how many rooms you are looking to setup, you will most likely need multiple servers. Our company has a number of different servers including image servers, voice servers, powerpoint servers, web servers, dev servers, and more. Of course you probably won't need all of this for 1 or 2 companies..However, when you're talking 100+ it's a must. Good luck to you!

FPForum, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  3. babatinfo

babatinfo Peon

Best Answers:
    What I suggest is to have on premise web conferencing appliance such as RHUB which is secured and easy to use.

babatinfo, Oct 15, 2012 IP