1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need WP Plugins to redirect permalinks, categories, etc.

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by jacky8, Aug 5, 2008.

I want to change my permalink structure. actually i did with this plugin http://scott.yang.id.au/2008/07/permanent-redirect-20-released/ but after a day, my blog didnt open. A message saying like 'invalid function call to database.php' came when i tried opening my blog's any page. Then i deleted the plugin at cpanel file manager and all was fine.

But now i want a reliable permalinks redirection plugin which will automatically redirect links whenever i change permalinks.

Also, is there a plugin for deciding the order of categories on a page? or can i decide which categories to show and which not to show. i have more problems but i would be really grateful if these urgent ones are solved first...

jacky8, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  2. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    someone please help

jacky8, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  3. magicinthedesert

magicinthedesert Peon

Best Answers:
    For the redirect plugin, have you tried contacting the author of the plugin? That's the first thing I would do. If there's a problem with his plugin, he'd want to know. Make sure to include the version of WordPress you're using. scott.yang.id.au/contact/

For the category deal, I have not used this plugin, so try it at your own risk:
    Category order: geekyweekly.com/mycategoryorder

magicinthedesert, Aug 8, 2008 IP
  4. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks. magicinthedesert. Honestly, I dont have enough power to contact the plugin maker and discuss the problem with him. I would try out the category plugin.. but it would be better if there's something proved to work good for simple purposes.

jacky8, Aug 9, 2008 IP