1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need your Suggestions on where to Invest my money:

Discussion in 'General Business' started by amandeepmail, Apr 18, 2009.

I have around $300 saved up with me. I am a content writer, and every month, manage to save about another $100+ through my services.

I thought of starting my own site, but don't know how to go about it.

I know that I would need domains and hosting, before I could start doing anything, but I can't decide upon the niche of the website.

Here are some topics which crossed my mind:
    1) Website on Wallpapers, Celebrity Wallpapers, Screensavers, etc. (Non adult)
    2) Website explaining various s*x techniques, how to build the mood up, kissing techniques, creative ideas, etc. (Adult, I guess)
    3) A website which would include information about my city, like which are the best places to dine with your family; Different food items and where all they can be fund in the city; Hottest clothes shops in the city; upcoming College fests in the city etc.

Any more ideas are welcome. I want to know the niches which will fetch alot of traffic.

Also, I do not know how advertise and increase the traffics and all. I know I will need to submit links to various directories, social bookmarking sites, etc. but dont know the exact procedure, as I am new to all this.

If some one can take their time out and help me with this, I would be much obliged.

+rep to those who give genuine ideas and help me out.

Thanks.

amandeepmail, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  2. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    any of above listed 3 niches require
    - exceptional expertise
    - additional investment ( example wallpaper may require professional photo equipment inn the range of 5-10k$/year ) unless you steal wallpapers

any adult related content may result in either exclusion from adsense or few advertisers depending on exact content

your amount to invest is tiny
    hence start tiny and grow proportional to your own efforts

to start with such mini-amount it would be best to
    - get decent host - usually in the range of 5-10 $/month
    - a site name matching all your topics of expertise/interests

then start to publish and see how global economy and interests develop
    for such small start your amount is sufficient - your amount is enough to benefit from often offered annual hosting packages at reduced rates vs monthly rates
    to increase your revenue all you need is time to write/create content

keep in mind that wallpaper stuff is HIGH competition stuff
    to get any decent traffic you need to invest and be GOOD
    that however is valid for ANY niche
    and
    the longer you wait - the more competition is out there
    the sooner you start your OWN site, the sooner you learn to be competitive and creative

hans, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  3. ken22

ken22 Guest

Best Answers:
    I would do the one about your city. Do alot of keyword research find some terms that have less sites listed. Pictures of places in your city and descriptions of those places could bring traffic from both search and image search.

ken22, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  4. COOLORANGEFREEZE

COOLORANGEFREEZE Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do something you know about, something you WANT to be involved in, and something that hasn't been done or can be done better by you because of your passion for it.

COOLORANGEFREEZE, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  5. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you create article directory such as ezine since you have vast experience in article writing?

mentos, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  6. amandeepmail

amandeepmail Banned

Best Answers:
    Please let the ideas coming guys. I am really serious about starting up my own business. I know $300 may not be good enough for investment, but I do earn $250-$300 each month out of my content creation services, out of which $100 I can very well save.

amandeepmail, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  7. LbR

LbR Banned

Best Answers:
    Its better to get out of Wallpaper site thingy and get into to a long term thing.

LbR, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  8. amandeepmail

amandeepmail Banned

Best Answers:
    Another thing which I think I may invest into is selling my designs through Cafepress.

I am not much of a designer, rather a writer, but I have done a lot of designing in my high school. Its not difficult to pick up photoshop skills, or is it? Well, to those who bunk their arts, designing classes in school, your Girlfriends wont earn you any wheat, but valuable lectures of old Mrs. Parkinson can surely provide a hell lot.

amandeepmail, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  9. Hoki

Hoki Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have money to invest, I think that it would be a quick and smart idea to buy ads/trafic around here (or AdWords/Adbrite and stuff) and send it to some aff programs that are known to convert like hell.

This way : you don't waste time making your own website (plus you'll have fast revenues), and you don't risk to be scammed...

Definetely a win-win, but of course you need to find the right people/places to buy ads from... !

;)

Hoki, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  10. vidzsharenet

vidzsharenet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you go for Affiliate marketing using adwords and any other ppc marketing serice you can find.

vidzsharenet, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  11. Komicwords

Komicwords Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    let start the sample thing,stay here at DP and start to sell your article talent,asked a people to review your article and if you have a time to post at ezine,post your works over there and made some credit with them,i think this is sample thing the closest to you,what do you think?

Komicwords, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  12. hostatree

hostatree Peon

Best Answers:
    Just curious, why dont you open a site selling your services of writing? Seems like that would be your best niche, and it would help increase your sales.

hostatree, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  13. usergame

usergame Banned

Best Answers:
    I prefer that you start researching any idea you come up with, there are a lot of ways to know if this market is hot or not i.e. Google trends.
    it will also requires you to check out the competition and the demand of the desired service.

It's not quite easy to start without research specially with this amount of money, so it will take sometime.

usergame, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  14. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You should start a website in a niche, in which you personally have interest. That is: if you are interested in skating, then make a website related to this niche. This is because, you can then write content about this Niche as you personally have the knowledge about it.

Anyway, the third Niche you mentioned, sounds interesting.

angilina, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  15. amandeepmail

amandeepmail Banned

Best Answers:
    Hey all,

Thanks for all your support. I still have a couple of queries though.

I have been looking around and I see that HostGator is hhly recommended. However, I intend to buy 4-5 domains which will then point to one website. I was analysing HostGator but I found this on their cheapest plan:

http://www.hostgator.com/shared.shtml

You see where it says

Linux Web Hosting Packages
    Plans Hatchling Baby Business
    Disk Space UNLIMITED UNLIMITED UNLIMITED
    Bandwidth UNLIMITED UNLIMITED UNLIMITED
    Domains Allowed 1 UNLIMITED UNLIMITED
    Your Own Toll-Free Number FREE
    Free Dedicated IP
    Free Private SSL
    Pricing $4.95 $7.95 $12.95

I want to know, does this negate what I am trying to do? Or does it mean something else? Will I be able to point all my domains at one website using this plan or not?

I would also like your views on what the best hosts are. I am looking for the cheapest plan initially, but I need to be able to point multiple domains at one website. I also need maximum uptime and the usual of course.

Thanks in advance for your help.

amandeepmail, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  16. blichev

blichev Peon

Best Answers:
    Choose the Hostgator Baby hosting - you have unlimited domains, so you can host all the sites that you want there. Diskspace and Bandwidth are also unlimited. This is all you will need for now. There are several coupon codes that you can use to get this plan for $0,01 the first month. One of them that I know works is JURY.

Go with affiliate marketing. MoreNiche is a great place for beginners to start. Join and start reading the guides, you will learn how to build your affiliate website and how to promote the products. It will be even easier for you as you can write your own content. All guides are free and very helpful for newbies.

You will only need to spend your money for hosting and domain. Don't fall for scam e-books that are sold here on DP promising you to get rich quickly.

blichev, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  17. kevin543

kevin543 Peon

Best Answers:
    Trading in the Forex market can be extremely profitable and super easy to get started in. This is far more money than the stock, bond, and future markets collectively. Forex trading is a very lucrative way to make money from home or from work.

kevin543, Mar 4, 2011 IP