1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

need your thoughts on this idea

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Wiki King, Sep 15, 2008.

I have connections to some of the best logo designers in the U.S. and I am wondering what you all think of this idea.

I don't want to give to much information away, but what I want to do is start a logo tutorial TV website, where some of the best logo designers give video tutorials on their award winning designs. This will also cater to website designs and stationary designs.

Myself and tons of others always want to know "how'd they do that?" Well this would be a great way to find out, which I would pay designers a flat fee for creating a tutorial on how they made their logo, with new logos every day.

Just want to know would anyone be interested in this idea. Not trying to sell it or anything, just trying to get some feedback.

Thanks,

DeShea

Wiki King, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  2. twizzlers

twizzlers Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a great idea! I know I'd use it

Although there are already lots of photoshop tutorial sites, since your focus is solely on logos, it'll stand out. Then you can maybe branch out to banners/headers

twizzlers, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  3. Grit.

Grit. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's a good idea... there's always people wanting to learn the design trade, and it'd be a popular resource (if created properly)

Grit., Sep 16, 2008 IP
  4. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    well I guess it's not that easy. why should a good designer tell others how to do as good as he does this will ruin his business ;)

second point ist that there are millions of logo tutorials on the internet so I guess that the will be w few good ones.

Sensei.Design, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  5. Wiki King

Wiki King Guest

Best Answers:
    The concept would be more of a "how'd they do that" then a learning tool, like they wouldn't pause and go over everything they have done to the T, but it still would be a great resource to learn new functions using drawing tools.

Wiki King, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  6. Wiki King

Wiki King Guest

Best Answers:
    also, the logo tutorials that are online are simple, these logo would be award winning logos.

Wiki King, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  7. Ecreation

Ecreation Active Member

Best Answers:
    If the tutorials are good then it would definitely sell.There are thousands of photoshop tutorials out there , still people want to see more tutorials. Good luck .

Ecreation, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  8. elmasry

elmasry Active Member

Best Answers:
    very nice idea, it's great to watch tutorials on TV

elmasry, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  9. event-hire

event-hire Peon

Best Answers:
    nice idea, always better to see someone taking you through the tutorials rather than reading them

event-hire, Sep 19, 2008 IP