1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

netscape navigator problems

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by onauc, Dec 25, 2004.

I am really in a mess now.
    When I bookmark a website on IE6, I can always easily transfer all my bookmarks from one computer to another and so no need to re-visit those bookmarked links from the new computer to bookmark them individually all over again through the new computer’s IE6.
    On my old computer, I can access my bookmarked links from :

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Favorites

And then I zip this folder and save the zipped file on a cd and insert the cd on a new computer and copy the zipped favourites folder onto the new computer.
    Then finally I unzip it.
    Walla !
    Now, on my new computer’s IE6, I can easily see the bookmarked links which I bookmarked from my old computer.

Now, the problem starts when I use the latest version of Netscape Navigator.
    On the :
    C:\program Files\Netscape
    I cannot see any folder called “My Favourites” or even “Favourites” where all my bookmarks are supposed to be residing.
    Frankly, I have checked all the folders and files in the :
    C:\program Files\Netscape
    And no luck into finding the favourites folder.
    And that is why I am stuck. I am unable to copy my favourites or bookmarked links from one computer to another when I am dealing with transferring the bookmarked links that were bookmarked on Netscape Navigator.
    So, can anyone help me here ?
    I mean, what do I do now to transfer my bookmarks from one computer to another where the bookmarks were done on Netscape Navigator ?

onauc, Dec 25, 2004 IP
  2. subnet_rx

subnet_rx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would post this at forums.techguy.org, great place for computer problems.

subnet_rx, Dec 28, 2004 IP
  3. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Netscape saves bookmarks in an html file, not a folder. In the older versions of Netscape it used to be called bookmarks.htm, if memory serves.

I have a rarely used copy of Firefox installed now and the bookmarks are stored as C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\profile\bookmarks.html -- try looking for something similar in your Netscape folders.

minstrel, Dec 28, 2004 IP
  4. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm using Netscape 7.2 on MicroSoft XP Pro. The file is here:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Bob Wakfer\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\bob\hce6fdim.slt\bookmarks.html

compar, Dec 28, 2004 IP