1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Blogger Introduction

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by bmelton, Jun 24, 2006.

Hola. Just thought I'd introduce myself to DP here. I'm a new blogger (started in June) and recently found this place. There looks to be a TON of wonderful information on how to succeed, so I'm quite glad that I did.

Not sure of the linkdropping policy on here, but if anyone wants to take a look at my progress, it's at http://kamikazelabs.com/ (feel free to remove if that's taboo, or if I'm not established enough to linkdrop). It's a blog about movies, television, science fiction, comic books, novels, etc.

Browsing through DP has already given me a TON of helpful tips and advice (I'm the number one search result for "netflix apple tivo" already :) ), such as the wordpress crawl plugin and better utilizing the ping services, but was wondering if there was anything else I was missing out on.

I'm not looking for overnight success, but looking around, it seems as if I'm in the right company to start learning, so if anyone has any tips or advice, I'm all ears.

As I mentioned, I'm using Wordpress right now, with the Google sitemap plugin, updated ping services, ultimate tag warrior plugin, crawl page plugin, etc.

Thanks a lot, and nice meeting all of you in advance.

bmelton, Jun 24, 2006 IP
  2. richardevanslee

richardevanslee Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you'll find that webmasters in general are not much of a target audience.

I know I mostly look at forums. The few weblogs I scan regularly are all written by folks who know far more about monetizing websites than I expect.

Richard

richardevanslee, Jun 24, 2006 IP
  3. bmelton

bmelton Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I'm not trying to get regular readers from DP at all, just thought maybe, if someone were so gracious, they could look at the blog and tell me what I'm doing horribly wrong or something. ;-)

Thanks for the advice.

bmelton, Jun 26, 2006 IP
  4. bmelton

bmelton Peon

Best Answers:
    By the way, I checked out your blog, and I've got to say that I liked it. Good insights there.

bmelton, Jun 26, 2006 IP
  5. NoobieDoobieDo

NoobieDoobieDo Peon

Best Answers:
    NoobieDoobieDo, Jun 26, 2006 IP
  6. bmelton

bmelton Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad you linked me to it. I'm having a hell of a hard time not clicking on my adsense links... not because I want the click money, but because they're targetting stuff that I really like. I guess it makes the most sense that if I'm blogging about stuff that I like, they're going to suggest (contextually) the things that I like as well.

Just makes it so hard not to click-fraud. Oh, and thanks for the click. ;-)

bmelton, Jun 26, 2006 IP
  7. JagoHarry

JagoHarry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The Superman Laptop from Alienware via your adsense links was quite amusing.

Just a tip, if you right click on an adsense link and copy the link to the clipboard... paste the link and remove the google prefix in the URL. :)

JagoHarry, Jun 27, 2006 IP