1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Client Wants Email Id Of My All Old Clients : Is It Safe To Give

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Ellen1, Jan 22, 2013.

I approached a client and for vitrifaction he wants mail ID of my all old client so i just want to have assistance of you guys that is it safe to give my clients mail ID to an unknown person?

Ellen1, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  2. hor3tio

hor3tio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are selling your business yes it is safe and ok, if you are not selling your business never share your clients email.

hor3tio, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  3. SentoWeb

SentoWeb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You are not allowed by law to share those details with anyone UNLESS you are selling your whole business OR the users agreed that you are allowed to sell/share their details with third parties.

SentoWeb, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  4. Ellen1

Ellen1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    no no i am not selling your business ... i was just searching for new clients. Thanks for your advice

Ellen1, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  5. Ellen1

Ellen1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank - you .. even Thank God that i got the idea to share my issue in DP so i got right direction.

Ellen1, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  6. Thomas G

Thomas G Banned

Best Answers:
    As others have said the law stipulates that you can't do this, however, for future help you should ask clients when you deal with them if they would consent to you delivering their information to third parties in the future. If they give consent to this - Which they are likely to as it's as simple as ticking a box and usually people tick everything, you can give over their email addresses as per your new clients request.

Thomas G, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  7. steveschmidt85

steveschmidt85 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't think giving old clients email ID for verification is good business practice. You can show your work portfolio or client testimonials but sharing private contact info is not good at all.

steveschmidt85, Jan 23, 2013 IP