1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New CMS - Question of Application

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by DiZi, Dec 31, 2009.

Hi,

I'm currently operating my own roleplaying website, for which I've built an entire CMS from scratch.

URL – http://www.zyrv.com/

Though there are certain features of this CMS that are not yet complete and though it is an on-going development, the vast bulk of it is complete, and from what I can tell through how it has been used thus far, it does what it does pretty well. I'm not claiming that it is bug free or anything like that – most CMS have numerous bugs, and this is no exception. However, what I am saying, is that it works.

I originally designed this CMS, entirely, with the intention of it being designed for an meeting the requirements of the roleplaying website that is currently using it. However, I've reached a point where I'm wanting to take it further.

I'm kind of wanting to try to do some other things with this CMS, mostly, for fun, and to see what it can do – I've enjoyed developing it, want to continue developing it, but what I can do with it is rather limited if it doesn't have any real application. I intend to continue developing it for the website that is using it currently, but I'd like to develop it for other reasons also. Hence, my question.

I don't have a lot of decent ideas for how or where I could apply this CMS – I enjoy the programming, but I hate writing my own blogs, don't have anything particularly interesting I want to write about on a website, don't lobby for any group or organisation, and generally, aside from what I'm doing, don't have much reason to do anything online. So, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for how or where I might be able to apply this CMS?

I own a number of domains and don't really care about hosting, and would be happy to host something if its a good idea and seems like fun. But for the record – this CMS is *not* open source and I have no intentions of distributing it, in part, whole or otherwise.

Before anyone says, "why didn't you just use an already existing CMS", to be quite clear, I will not reply to such comments – I'm doing this, because I can, and I enjoy doing it. I bring this point up because others have said this to me before and I don't find it helpful.

Anyhow, ideas much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
    DiZi.

DiZi, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  2. JoeOFarrel

JoeOFarrel Member

Best Answers:
    Hi DiZi,

I tried to take a look at the url, but found it hard to get an overview of what your cms does.

Couple of questions:

-what makes your CMS unique?
    -is it adaptable, customizable by someone else (or did you encrypt it into oblivion)
    -what is the list of features?

JoeOFarrel, Jan 2, 2010 IP