1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New site question

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mathewaki, Oct 14, 2013.

I am thinking about setting up a discount coupons like site for students here in Australia.

I have looked at premium coupon themes for WordPress which I am not sure if they will suit me or not.

I am just wanting to ask you guys for any recommendations on some WordPress themes that may be able to help me out.

I want to offer students discounts on services and products
    I want the theme to have a blog
    I want the theme to be fully customizable
    I want to offer a classifieds type area for selling text books and so on

I am not sure if I should use a premium coupon site or not any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Also I would like to get some input on what to call the site:

Site will be for students over the age of 18
    It will be a national based site
    I am looking for a site name that is edgy and cool something that can relate to students oof this age group.

I hope there are a few people that can help me with these questions.

Thank you

mathewaki, Oct 14, 2013 IP
  2. Adam.jack

Adam.jack Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, as a Web Host i can honestly say that Wordpress for a noob while it's fairly easy to run and navigate there are easier platforms (joomla) also with my experience with Wordpress i would advise that you Secure it as best as you can as basic free templates and out dated installations harbor many security vulnerabilities that would allow an attacker to initiate a sq injection attack that may well seriously harm your database and risk any of your users credentials.

I would chose a CMS system that better fits your needs, perhaps a classified ad's CMS and preferably one that's secure :)

Adam.jack, Oct 16, 2013 IP
  3. aditd

aditd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can take a look at http://www.couponsitescript.com/

aditd, Nov 14, 2013 IP