1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

new Social networks directory how to promote?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by flashculture, Jan 23, 2008.

Hi,

I've recently launched www.socialnetworklist.com , which is a directory of social networks. I've spent the last 3 weeks adding to the directory and I'm now up to 650 networks listed.

It seems to be doing fairly well on google, being ranked as 3rd for the keywords "social network list", but I'm only getting 10-25 UV's per day. I've read a lot of this forum, but there doesn't seem to be any clear cut ways to boost traffic. When I read that a site is getting 1000+ UV's per day, I think to myself "how??", how do so many people know that, that site exists!

So my question is whats the most straightforward way to get traffic to a directory site? I also read that paying for ad's on websites that get good traffic can work as well, but I don't seem to be able to find any good sites where you can advertise on (I've used complete).

Should I add more to the site? or keep it as a pure directory?

Any and all advice is appreciated!

flashculture, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  2. JohnG

JohnG Peon

Best Answers:
    I would attach a blog to it and make posts daily as well as do some article marketing

Of course if you're #3 and not getting much traffic maybe you need to start targeting some different keywords.

JohnG, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  3. flashculture

flashculture Peon

Best Answers:
    So thats the best way to promote a directory? just use a blog? To me though they are different things. Is their any other effective ways to boost traffic to a directory? and what about the paid for advertising approach I mentioned?

And how would I target different keywords? just stuff as many of those keywords in my home page? :p

flashculture, Jan 23, 2008 IP