1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New To Article-Related Stuff... Looking For Script With These Features

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by meamrussian, Apr 11, 2007.

Hi,

I'm quite new when it comes to article related sites, but I'm thinking of starting a new website that has to do with articles. Now, I don't want the homepage to have articles, so a blogging script is not what I'm looking for. I'd like there to be a "Recent Reports/Articles" feature to be there to automatically show the last, say, 5 posts. It'd be nice to have a "comments" feature for people to be able to post comments on the articles.

Also, this is not a requirement, but it would be nice to have the script let people sign up and post there own articles with their own username.

I'd like this not to be like a blog, but an article site, and to make it look great with adsense/YPN.

Does anyone know of scripts that do this? I've heard a lot about these CMS scripts, but I'm not sure exactly which I need. I've heard of one good one called Joomla, and another one Mambo. Do these scripts do that which I've described above?

Thanks for the help.

meamrussian, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  2. meamrussian

meamrussian Active Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone know of a script like this?

meamrussian, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  3. hiredgunz

hiredgunz Peon

Best Answers:
    hiredgunz, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  4. Suri.CMS

Suri.CMS Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    You may try the ArticleLive software. (articlelive.com). It has inbuilt AdSense integration and the features you asked for. It's a paid software.

If you are looking for free one, use 'Drupal' and customize it.

Suri.CMS, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  5. SergeF

SergeF Peon

Best Answers:
    SergeF, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  6. Chippie

Chippie Peon

Best Answers:
    Chippie, Nov 6, 2007 IP
  7. mammaw

mammaw Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi meanrussian,

I use the Article Friendly script for both my article directories, you're welcome to take a look at them if you'd like: http://www.articlesmatter.com and http://www.seo-tool-box.com

They were extremely easy to setup and install and you won't find better support anywhere than you'll get with AF.

mammaw, Nov 6, 2007 IP