1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New to Blogging, how do i start and how much can i start with?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by blackjesus, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Tom Maketer

Tom Maketer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    building an audience first

Tom Maketer, Feb 22, 2017 IP
  2. Tommy Olsson

Tommy Olsson Member

Best Answers:
    You can start with blogger or a free wordpress blog but later I would recommend that you invest in a wordpressblog with hosting and your own domainname,
    to look more professional and also for the sake of your branding. And also for the sake of ranking your content in the search results. Make sure to share what you know within your niche through your content,share value that people will benefit reading about. Be consistent with posting new content. Post 3-4 times a week.

Tommy Olsson, Feb 22, 2017 IP
  3. Sherlyn Shah

Sherlyn Shah Member

Best Answers:
    Irrespective of anything few things you have to do else you will be in the loser category of blogging starting and ending in few days.
    1. Good domain name.
    2 dedicated quality server - most important
    3. Don't get any paid theme or plugins downloaded for free and installed.
    4. Change your Admin panel name from admin to some other.
    5. Read ways to bring traffic.
    6. Consistent but dedicated postings is the key to success.
    7. Social share plays a major role.
    8. Last backlinks , backlinks and backlinks else your blog will end within a month for sure....Personal experience which no one will till you...I too came to knw much later.

Sherlyn Shah, Feb 22, 2017 IP
  4. ebonyking

ebonyking Member

Best Answers:
    The truth that you must be told is that the niche topic that you have chosen to write on is a bit too technical and legal.

Although that is what many are searching for now but one question that you must you answer is do you have what to post content about IMIGRATION laws in the USA steadily to attract loyal readers .

I see your blog being starved of conten soon,unless you are an Imigration lawyer or something like that.Pardon me for that outburst but I mean no offense,with no intent at being biased or to look down on you

ebonyking, Feb 22, 2017 IP
  5. MaxGoodman

MaxGoodman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think the biggest things in blogging are to establish a brand and an identity. For me, the best ways to start would be to find a really strong name; something short and catchy that people can remember and type in later. You also need a really direct topic, or at least a lot of articles related to the same thing. For example, if you're starting off with your first post about Donald Trump's immigration laws, are you going to follow up with other posts about living under Trump's America, or on living as an immigrant? This will help a lot to establish a strong brand and give people a reason to keep coming back to read your posts.

After that, I would work on graphic design. Try to figure out the colors you want to represent your blog, get some nice images and a background together, and try to make it memorable. People aren't going to take an overly simple blog too seriously, and if you want to be considered seriously enough for people to come back often enough for you to get paid for it, it needs to look pretty good too.

Otherwise, all you have to do is write! Keep writing, keep developing, keep getting better, and make sure to keep your posts on-brand to keep the interest of your audience.

MaxGoodman, Mar 2, 2017 IP
  6. chalice

chalice Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make certain you pick a niche or topic you won't get tired of talking about. That is of course if you are going to write the content yourself. If you choose to outsource, then this won't be a problem.

chalice, Mar 8, 2017 IP
  7. Datacentreplus

Datacentreplus Peon

Best Answers:
    You might want to put some filtering into your search analytics. Assuming you are using Google analytics to get these metrics that is.

In order to get a 'payback' on your site, you have to think about the conversion rate. Lets say only 1% of your traffic helps drive the sales on your site or blog, then you need to ensure you drive at least 100 people in to get that 1 sale. The same rule applies if you are affiliatising/monetising your links. If you find that only 1% of your readers click on a referral link of yours, you need to scale your traffic up to that amount to hit the 1%.

Datacentreplus, Mar 9, 2017 IP