1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New to Domain/Buying/Selling - Can I make this a business?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Tkerns05, May 15, 2013.

Hi All -

I'm not sure if this belongs here...but for my..I am hoping to turn Domain Name Buying/Selling into a small business for myself so I thought I'd start here?

1. Is this realistic? I am not trying to become rich...just make some extra money. What's the best way to start? Right now I have some domains registered on Iwantmyname.com and I am working with Sedo.

2. I just purchased the rights to the domain HealthAid.com - I have been in touch with Health Aid Ltd. who currently uses a .co.uk domain name. They would like to buy the .com domain but want ME to set a price for them to think about. How the heck do I do this? Is it worth $1,000 or $100,000? LoL

Also - is there like a domain parking guide for dummies? I am to understand I can make some money off of these just by having them parked? Or like I know HealthAid.com has a CPC of $2.18 or something like that.

Ive checked around dnjournal and Sedo but that is about all I know right now? I think I lucked out with HealthAid.com? Let me know!

Tkerns05, May 15, 2013 IP
  2. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've never gone this route of making money online, but from what I hear it's very doable and very lucrative. You can definitely make it into a real business. Just focus and treat it like a real business, and you'll succeed. Good luck! :)

ninjamtlt1, May 15, 2013 IP
  3. Lavonta

Lavonta Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, you could do this as your business, but one thing I want to warn you is that: "Don't be greedy!" Start buying a few domains first, and just focus on dot com only. It's also better to get the expired domains from GoDaddy or somewhere else than to register a brand new domain.

In regards to HealthAid.com, it may be better to ask the buyer how much he would offer, and then you may go from there. You would know how much he is willing to pay you. If he offers too low, just increase the cost a little bit. If he offers a good deal, just accept it. If you are greedy and keep asking him a better deal, he will NEVER reply you again!

Lavonta, May 15, 2013 IP
  4. drewx

drewx Greenhorn

Best Answers:

How much traffic does the domain get? I would IFRAME a health related CPA offer to try and make a few dollars while you try and sell it.

Peerlfy has quite a few health related offers:
    http://www.peerflyoffers.com/search.php?keyword=health

Maybe try something like vitamins:
    http://www.peerflyoffers.com/offer.php?id=7967

drewx, May 16, 2013 IP
  5. kprojects

kprojects Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm always keeping an eye out for good domain names - you can certainly make $ from selling just domains... or built-up sites.

Start small, get a domain app for your phone so you can check availability on domains when you're not around a PC, jot them down or register them right from the app.. keep track of what you spend each month on them and how much you're making..

kprojects, May 16, 2013 IP
  6. gkuang2

gkuang2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    yea you definitely can if you know what you are doing. People are constantly selling domains on flippa.

gkuang2, May 16, 2013 IP
  7. Jing_MorinHosting

Jing_MorinHosting Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Of course you can. Just follow some steps and guideline in making one. For sure you'll hit the success for this one. Good Luck! :)

Jing_MorinHosting, May 16, 2013 IP